acronis ture image 8 problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DSD, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSD

DSD Registered Member

hi
    i am a new acronis user i am trying to clone my c:drive (which is having problems - bad sectors) when using the automatic setting i get an error saying file record corrupt and the operation appears to stop although my hard drive light is still solid

has anybody seen this before is there a fix i really could use your help

thank you in advance for your assistance

dsd:

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Welcome to Wilders, DSD.

Which operating system are you using and which specific build of ATI 8 are you using ?

Have you run "chkdsk /f" (or equivalent for your operating system versus WinXP) on the drive ?

3. DSD

DSD Registered Member

i have xp home and it is build 768

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

DSD:

Firstly, I think if Acronis Support comments, they will almost certainly recommend you download and install the final build of version 8 which was Build 937. If you have registered your copy of ATI at their website, you should be able to downlaod and install this version.

Secondly, it's always a good idea to ensure your file system is in good a condition as possible before cloning or backing it up either one. Therefore you should run "chkdsk /f" (in Windows Explorer, right click the drive, select Properties, the Tools tab, and "Check Now" under "Error-checking", checking ON the box that says "Automatically fix file system errors". If the drive can't be locked for checking, you should accept the offer to have the drive checked upon the next reboot. Does this for each partition on your drive, if you have more than one.

Reboot, if necessary, to complete the checking and fixing procedure.

After doing this see if the cloning is "more" successful.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DSD,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please do as crofttk has suggested and install the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

Please also check each partition of both source and destination hard drives by Windows utility: use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive. Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If the problem persists after installing the update and checking the hard drives then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging, try to clone the hard drive once more and see the result.

If that does not help then please try to perform the disk cloning procedure when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD made with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0.

In case nothing of the above helps and you are still unable to clone your hard drive, please download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and try to clone the hard drive once again. Note that the free trial version allows you to perform the disk cloning from under Windows only, it does not allow cloning hard drives in Acronis Rescue Environment, i.e. when using the 'Full' version of Bootable Rescue CD or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager.

If the problem is gone with the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

If the problem still persists then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also make a screen shot or provide the exact text of the error message that appears upon the attempt to clone the hard drive. Let us know when you receive this error message exactly.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.