Acronis TrueImage 9.1 - new announce

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by It'sme, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JARd1st

JARd1st Registered Member

I got the correct Upgrade offer.

Did you post a link to this thread as they asked? And explain that you wanted the Upgrade to T.I. 9.1 Workstation w/free Universal Restore?

2. j0rd

j0rd Registered Member

Hi JARd1st,

Yes, I actually posted the link and explicitly stated that I wanted to receive the offer to purchase the 'Acronis Workstation 9.1 Upgrade+Free Universal Restore'... :mad:

It's rather funny - they can edit my previous post to remove a GENERALIZED e-mail; but they can't just send me the stupid offer - how'd you like that? :mad:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

1 rant removed. Also, for the record, the email contents were earlier removed by a Wilders Global Moderator; not an Acronis employee. Wilders does not allow the posting of private communication contents.

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

You should have no problem restoring a TI disk-image of your old failed drive to a new 'replacement' drive (of equal or greater size). I've done just that (using my TI Boot CD) and TI worked perfectly in restoring my disk-image.

To the best of my knowledge, no disk-imaging product can assure you of doing that (without some kind of 'universal restore' add-on). That's largely because another PC would likely have different devices than your existing PC, which means different device drivers and a different Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL).

5. Dobermann

Dobermann Registered Member

Well, I got the canned upgrade response that completely ignored my link that I posted to this thread and my request for the discount and free offer for UR. It was from Sergey Zimin. Tatyana, maybe you need to go fill Sergey in and give him a clue as to what is going on.

Like others have said, what a pain! You work hard for your money, so when you want to spend of it, you should not have to work hard all over again!

Satisfaction index 0
    Frustration index 10

Dobermann - timeless in upgrade limboland

6. j0rd

j0rd Registered Member

Thanks for deleting 3 sets of constructive criticism Detox, it just highlights your inability to respond in a civilized manner. :rolleyes:

Jordan

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Howdy; I actually didn't "delete" all those posts. Others removed a couple and all are totally available for the admin to review. However, should you find true issues with Moderator actions here at Wilders, please pass these issues on to the administrators.

You can find them listed in red here.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Detox didn't do it , I did. Anymore off topic posts will be removed without comment. Acronis has responded in this thread four eight times.
    Let's respond in a civilized manner here.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I have contacted with our Sales Supervisor and the situation with the special offer was clarified.

Please submit a request for technical support and you will get this offer without any problems.

Note: You should register your old copy of Acronis True Image at our web-site at https://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/products/registration/ in order to get this special offer.

To j0rd and Dobermann: please check your Private Messages.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

10. Allen42

Allen42 Registered Member

Since I haven't tried a selective restore of an image-based backup, I'll first admit my ignorance, so what I'm saying below may already be (and hopefully is) possible.

I am very versed in the challenges of moving an OS from one system to another. You are correct that HALs, drivers, etc. don't move very well. That's Microsoft's problem, not a backup system's. For clarification, note that I said "restore critical files", not "restore my whole system and reboot, and be able to run with no problem." EVERY backup product I have worked with in the past has the ability to at least restore files to different hardware as long as the software supports that hardware. The backup/restore software should *never* try to be smarter than the OS, it should just read and write ones and zeroes from media. I design and implement disaster recover plans for companies as a part (albeit a small part) of my job. If I told a customer that his backup solution was only capable of performing a restore onto the same hardware, it would immediately be replaced with a new choice of software.

To be clear, any backup solution should be able to perform a selective restore to any hardware, assuming the hardware is supported by the drivers in the backup system.

Can TI do this or not?

11. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Of course it can Allen. Shortly after selecting Backup, you are given the choice of two backup categories:

_ Create Image of an Entire Drive or a Drive's Partition
    _ Files and/or Folders
    ....above wording is based on my recollection and may not be exact.

To backup those critical files and/or folders you have in mind, you should select the 2nd option.

Hth, pv

12. Allen42

So, I cannot do a selective restore of an Image-based backup?

13. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Have you looked at mounting or plugging an image? In this process a drive letter is assigned to the image and you can restore files from the image.

14. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Of course you can.

Just select Recover My Files.

This is clearly stated in the user's guide.

15. Allen42

Perfect!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.