Acronis TrueImage 9.1 - new announce

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by It'sme, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JARd1st

JARd1st Registered Member

I don't know, guys. They finally got 9.0 working, I'm not in a hurry to start the Beta process all over again. lol

I'll download whatever they send my way, but I'm not installing it until I read the forums for a few weeks.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Email offer. I don't think I have ever gotten an email from Acronis and I registered back with version TI 8 and chekc the boxes to be emailed abouit updates and upgrades, etc. I've only found out about update and upgrades from checking the forums.

sh

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hm maybe you mistyped your email address... Or any emails might be getting caught in a spam filter somewhere.

4. KentHinckley

KentHinckley Registered Member

Yea- looks like its for corporate products only

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Nope. Checked the addresss and I always inspect my spam filters before purging. They simply haven't sent emails. Btw, I'm not the first to point this out.

sh

6. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

As a former registered TI7 user I received an email from Acronis sometime last September, with the offer to upgrade to TI9.

There were also several emails offering to upgrade to TI8 before that, but I skipped them until TI9.

7. j0rd

j0rd Registered Member

Either way, some of us didn't get it; could someone forward me the offer for TI 9.1 Workstation? My e-mail address is jordyork@hotmail.com

Thanks.
    Jordan

8. j0rd

j0rd Registered Member

Anyoneo_O

9. Dobermann

Dobermann Registered Member

Well, I'm afraid I might have more questions than I should expect answers, but I'll give it a go.

1. I never received any upgrade offer with this free app, nor any plain upgrade offer since vers 8. How can I get this offer?

2. When I purchased TI 6.0 way back when, I bought what they then called, "Acronis TrueImage 6.0 Workstation Edition." Is this product the correct one for upgrade to 9.0 Workstation?

3. Either I am being particularily dense today, or else things are not very clear. Is there no where that points out the differences between the home edition and the workstation edition? I've tried reading the website, and it looks like the only difference is the Workstation supports 64 bit while Home is silent on it. If this is correct, seems the upgrade price difference is large between the two products.

4. How can going from Workstation TI9 to Home TI9 be considered an upgrade? o_O

Oh, my poor brain!!!

Cheers,
    Dobermann

This vehicle is unlocked and the keys are under the Dobermann

10. JARd1st

I think I know the reason for Acronis' lack of details. I tried out the Trial of 9.1 Home and didn't see any appreciable difference in the look, and NO differences in the features.

I was eager to see if 9.1 lets you restore, on a file or folder basis, from an image of files or folders. Nope! You can only restore the whole thing. Needless to say, I uninstalled the 9.1 trial.

11. j0rd

j0rd Registered Member

With the way how silent and unhelpful Acronis's staff is on this issue, it just gives one the erie and odd feeling that they *Don't* want to make money; I mean, come on here - you have customers crying out 'To PAY' to upgrade and no one's saying anything? Talk about good business sense.. *sarcasm*

Jordan

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello j0rd and Dobermann,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that there is no offer for free upgrade to Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. If you want to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation, please purchase the upgrade at Acronis online store.

If you want to get Acronis special offer (offer to purchase Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation Upgrade+free Acronis Universal Restore), please submit a request for technical support. Provide the information to your request along with the link to this thread.
    Please be aware that this is a limited time offer for Acronis Customers.

Please note that Acronis True Image 9.0, Acronis True Image 8.0, Acronis True Image 7.0, Acronis True Image 6.0 and Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 can be upgraded to Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation.

So your version can be upgraded without any problems.

The main difference is that Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation allows you to perform remote operations which are not available in the home version. Furthermore, Acronis True Image 9.0 Home does not support Acronis Universal Restore which provides you with the ability to restore to different hardware. This is an indispensable feature when you purchase new hardware or have to use a different system because of a catastrophic failure.

You can find all features of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation at Version comparison page and in Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide.

Could you please clarify the question?

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

13. Acronis Support

Hello JARd1st,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify where you have downloaded Acronis True Image 9.1 Home trial version? The official version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Home has not released yet.

The new version of Acronis True Image allows to restore an individual file or folder from the file-based image.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

14. JARd1st

I followed one of the links in this forum, filled out a form, and downloaded it. I also got an email telling me that Acronis would be in touch in 30 days to get my feedback, or something.

Perhaps I misintpreted the program, but I made a backup of my My Documents folder and tried to restore only part of the backup and found that only the whole image could be restored.

EDIT: It wasn't the Home version, but the Workstation version (which is what it was called when I bought it for Home use, I could swear). Sorry . . .

This is the link

http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATICW/

EDIT2: The reason I was under the impression that files and folders couldn't be restored on that basis, is because if you dbl clk a file/folder image you get a message that it can't be plugged because it contains no partitions. You have to go through the interface. (which isn't bad but the pklug in way would be nice)

TrueImage (not for servers) didn't used to be called TI Home, so if there's confusion about how an upgrade from the Workstation version to the Home version can be called an upgrade, that's where the blame lies.

AND: Universal Restore should be included in the Home version as home users don't have CIS departments to transfer their systems over to another computer when they change their motherboards and such.

Perhaps Acronis should produce another version of TI - TrueImage 9.1 Tweakers Edition which would be TI 9.1 Home w/Universal Restore. The members of my website's forum change their motherboards more than any company would ever do and the would need Universal Restore more. lol

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  15. Acronis Support

Hello JARd1st,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

When you create a file-based image of the individual folder and then restore only the part of this, the program restores only necessary files along with the name of your folder (in your case "My documents") where these files reside.

Please note that we offer the upgrade from Acronis True Image Home version to Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and not visa versa.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

16. JARd1st

OK, let me put it this way. If we purchased TI9 (not server) before Acronis started calling it the Home version. then what did we buy; the Workstation or the Home version?

17. Acronis Support

Hello JARd1st,

The correct answer is Acronis True Image 9.0 Home version. Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation is the new version of Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

18. j0rd

j0rd Registered Member

Thanks a lot Tatyana, this is all the whole lot of us were after :)

19. Dobermann

And we probably vacuum them more often than we vacuum our home! :D

Cheers,
    Dobermann

20. Dobermann

I was referring only to the Universal Restore, jusy as an FYI.

Thanks for the info. Just sent off an email.

While this comparison matrix is helpful, it would really be helpful if it included the Home version!

From reading several of the posts before mine, I kept reading how going from Workstation to Home was being called an upgrade.

Thanks for your help and answers,
    Dobermann

21. Dobermann

Okay, here goes the poor brain again..... wasn't this feature brought out in an earlier version? Like maybe 8 or something? Or maybe even in 6?

Cheers,
    Dobermann

22. SSK

SSK Registered Member

No; you could copy a file/folder from an image, but v9 has a official restore function for that :)

23. Allen42

Allen42 Registered Member

o_O
    Am I reading this right? My "Backup Software" wouldn't allow me to run down the street and purchase a replacement drive for my computer in the event of a crash and perform a restore, since it is different hardware? I also wouldn't be able to restore critical files to a different machine in the interim? I have to purchase different "Restore Software" in order to do this?

I have a hard time believing this, as this seems to be a fundamental purpose of backing up.

If this is true, where was this disclosed on the product packaging?

o_O

24. JARd1st

If you backup your system when it has an Intel CPU, and an ASUS mobo, and try to restore it on a PC that has an AMD CPU, and a DFI mobo, there's a good chance that it won't run because the Windows drivers are all wrong. But you could probably do a restore, anyway.

Hopefully the Universal Restore addon would take care of the above situation. But they need better documentation for this feature, because I'm not a PC n00b, and I don't understand the process of using U.R.. It seems to be something you need to do before you know what to do, but I want to "know what to do" before I do it. lol

25. j0rd

j0rd Registered Member

ARGH!! Is it me, or is the staff at Acronis totally out of touch with each other?!
    This is what I got as a response to my request about the upgrade offer:

~Private email and off topic comment removed - Ron~

Duh I know I can upgrade without the Universal Restore!

Prior to getting Tatyana's advice I actually wrote Acronis about this and
    this is the second time of getting the SAME *Stupid* and unhelpful response!

I'm NOT that Desperate to throw my money at Acronis and plead for them to take it here!
    If they can't, Or won't get their act together - Others will!

Jordan

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.