Acronis TrueImage 9.1 - new announce

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by It'sme, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi All,

Not sure what all the confusion is about, seems to me that Alex or Acronis can't talk about the product until its released. Patience! I'm happy that Acronis will have a new release with improvements. I does not feel like anyone is being, deceptive etc. Just corporate constraints, limit the verb-age Acronis moderators can use.

Okay! New question will the new release require deletion, of current build, or will the new version update build 2337?

Take Care
    rico

2. como

como Registered Member

I suspect that when Alexey mentioned above that a new product called True Image 9.0 Home will shortly be released he should have said 9.1 Home as he calls it a new version

3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

The confusion is caused by Acronis prematurelly doing things such as making available online:

1. A FAQ for the Home product.
    2. A User guide for the Home product.

4. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

Don't know about the FAQ, but the UG now available from the TI website is unchanged from the one that has been available for some months now.

5. Howard Kaikow

Tguide I downloaded on 27 FEb 2006 is titled

6. MKairys

The cover is changed as you said, and the copyright date, and they've managed to screw up the bookmarks such that Appendix A no longer shows, but otherwise as far as I can tell from paging through them both in parallel, the content is unchanged.

7. Howard Kaikow

I noticed the same things.
    I would guess, the marketing folkes not co-ordinating with other folkes in Acronis.

8. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

I am now confused about certain functionality within the existing home version... Reading the Acronis website on the new Corp Workstation v9.1 http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATICW/ it discusses a NEW feature called "Universal Restore" and clicking on the subject link, brings up the following description:

If I wanted to replace my PC, could I not restore an image created from that PC to a new one using the current home version's Boot CD? If so, what is new about the Universal Restore feature? o_O

9. MKairys

I believe not, because ordinarily hardware differences would prevent the old PC's image from running correctly on the new PC.

10. pvsurfer

If I have an image of my entire C-drive, which I want to restore to another PC, I don't see why hardware differences should matter (other than I might need some new drivers)! Of course, my new C-drive would have to be large enough to accomodate the image. ;)

11. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I guess you have never tried o_O

without out a sys prep image or a pre removal/install of new drivers it is at best 50:50 wether it will normally work.

Often disk or Video driver will cause a BSOD that will stop the machine booting:D

12. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, pvsurfer

If you are talking about W2K, XP or later, unless the motherboard or the chipset on the new system are of the same make with luck you a right, Other wise it will not be just a install new drivers because you would have a BSOD, and need to do a repair install and then update drivers and then reactive Windows after that do all you Windows update again at the very least.

So a move of is best done witha clean install, a repair is all right as temp fix., i I have posted a number of posts on doing a Repair Install.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

13. pvsurfer

TheQuest~ Thanks for your logical reply. After reading your comments, it dawned on me that HAL may be the culprit. But even so, I would think a WinXP Repair Install on the new PC (after the TI restore) would definitely do the trick. ~pv

14. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

I know they can't say much else until the release but I wish I knew if the home version will finally support XP x64 bit or not. If it won't then I would just go ahead and buy the 9.1 workstation now. Also an upgrade price from home to corp would be expected.

15. Tsu

Tsu Registered Member

Well inspite of my initial criticism of TI 9.* and purchasing new and upgrade licences for 9.* only to revert back to the stable ( at least in my environment ) and predictable 8.0937; I accepted the special email offer on TI 9.1 W/S and the freebee Universal Restore in hopes that it works and I can avoid SysPrep etal when I do hardware upgrades more productively. I have had success installing images into VMWare to do testing and evaluation but it is a royal pain in the butt. I'm also hopeful that U/R lives up to the promo of installing on virtual machines more effortlessly.

To digress; 9.0.2337 is stable in some of my installs. That is to say, the features that I use, on the hardware that I use, work okay.

So here is hoping that 9.1 installs, actually updates the version numbers :) and name and U/R does it's job and I do not opine that I got U/R and I got what I paid for :-(

In anticipation of a tonne of posts of it failing on this controller or that controller, or this USB extrernal yada, yada, yada as with every other version change - if you are in a support role and do it on a production machine without testing - you're nuts! If you do it on your home PC without a verifyable backup before your upgrade; you're nuts! These forums have been around long enough so that folks should know that there will be little sympathy if you report that you whacked your drive or lost your data and have no backup.

Good and successful testing to y'all...

16. Tsu

Tsu Registered Member

17. dobbelina

dobbelina Registered Member

A few questions:
    Is this "Universal restore" feature to be included in the home version ?

Do I have to run sysprep before making these images, or can this utility
    do a restore to different hardware from "normal" images where sysprep hasn't run ?

Are you planning on having driverpacks up for d/l, similar to the
    "Universal imaging utility" from binary research ?

4.How can the "Universal restore" be a freebie when it says you need a separate (paid) license to use it ?
    (from what I understand the feature is there in the workstation version
    but wont work without a separate license).

18. dobbelina

dobbelina Registered Member

Ok, I got the answer to question 4 by reading other threads.
    I'm still wondering about Q 1-3 though ?
    Many thanks if replying.

19. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dobbelina,

Please find the answer to your question below.

I'm afraid that we are not eligible to provide you with any information concerning the new features and functionality improvements implemented in new Home version of Acronis True Image 9.0 until it is released.

Please also note that as soon as Acronis True Image 9.0 Home will be released all information concerning this product including User's Guide and Features list will be immediately updated on our web site according to the changes that were made.

Please find information about that in the respective chapter "Acronis Universal Restore" in the Users Guide of one of the corporate version of Acronis True Image which are available at http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/download/docs/

Please note that with Acronis Universal Restore you can specify drivers to be used by the restored system. Acronis Universal Restore uses three sources for drivers search: the list of user-specified (enforced) drivers, driver repository, and the Windows default driver storage folders (in the image being restored). Additional information can be found in the respective User Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

20. shieber

shieber Registered Member

lol. Actually he said it would have the 9.0 version number, would be free update but include the new engine like the one in Corp 9.1 -- al this while 9.0 Home is already offered for sale. That's what was confusing.

21. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

22. mantra

mantra Registered Member

for sure , can i restore with ti9.1 and ti9 image, right?

when can i download it?:eek: :eek: :eek:

23. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes, ATI can restore images created with previous versions.

24. mantra

mantra Registered Member

has ti9 a internal update?

25. j0rd

j0rd Registered Member

Does anyone have a link to this special e-mail offer that this poster is talking about? I'm partly interested in upgrading my current version if I can take advantage of said offer. Thanks

Jordan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.