Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dysthymia, Aug 10, 2004.

1. absoffthewake

absoffthewake Registered Member

Currently, when the backup can't access a file, or has some sort of error, it hangs the backup and does not continue. Wouldn't it be better to finish the backup and then show a list of problems that happened at the end of the backup?

2. Eggoon

Eggoon Registered Member

Feature wish: True encryption of Acronis TrueImage images with a secure algorithm (such as AES-128, AES-256 or Blowfish 448-Bit), not only password protection

Many other hard disk imaging programs already have this feature and encrypting images actually has only very little impact on backup and restore performance on systems that are not decades old.

3. M_Sattari

M_Sattari Registered Member

Feature request: getting really true image of partition !!

True Image almost backup files and folders and can not store exact sectors info. It removes any free space between sectores.

The main disadvantage of this problem is Fragmenting MFT in NTFS drives after restoring an archive and installing new softwares !
    Acronis True Image does not store Reserved area for MFT !!

If a program checks its sector location in a registration check routine, Acronis True Image f*cks up its registration code !
    If a user defrag its partition and put archives and seldom used files at the end of partition, after restoting image, all his labor become useless and his spent time on defrahmenting wastes !

4. dseaver

dseaver Registered Member

Feature Request: Scheduled Restores

This would be great for returning WorkStations to a specific condition NIGHTLY. The feature would be very desirable.

5. RWest

RWest Registered Member

just the list for ATI server for windows 9.1:

• copy schedule tasks
    • more times at a day to run the schedule tasks( like: 6:00 a back up and 12:00 again and so on)
    • control temp dir for backup to FTP
    • control temp dir files to keep a local copy (nice for fast recovery or separate file restore)
    • Language control
    • Iomega REV disk control

EDIT:
    • Export task settings

please write in the documentation that pre/post command process line you have to leave the ".bat" extension away!!!

I'm not mad just strait to the point ;) :p
    sorry for my bad English

Greetz,
    RWest
    :thumb:
    Trisum Financial Service
    Netherlands

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  6. dfenn_x384

dfenn_x384 Registered Member

i would like to see a book written about different error messages and what to do about the problems

7. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Like Storage craft have an IT edition:

1. CD take can take both online and offline images without installation.
    2. 1 price for your IT organisation and able to use it on ANY DEVICE.

Thanx.

8. Maddogs

Maddogs Registered Member

Running TI10-Home. When setting up a scheduled backup task, would like to see option to allow prompting for backup filename at time task is run, instead of having to go thru entire backup task wizard just to change that part. I use the scheduled backup task utility to set up a backup profile for certain drives only and I run it as needed and not on a regular schedule. Currently, when I want to run the backup task I have to go thru the wizard to change the filename to what I want (the current date) and then step all the way thru the wizard. This is inconvenient at best. If the option above were implemented all I would need to do is start the scheduled task, supply a filename when prompted, and I'm done.

9. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

A 'right-click/properties' menu which allows any of the parameters to be edited would be a nice way of dealing with this.

F.

10. gdonkey

gdonkey Registered Member

A feature I would like to see in the ATI Enterprise server is setting the archive bit for Microsoft Exchange logs much like Backup Exec can do.

11. Vanguard

Vanguard Registered Member

Most programs that I use that add Explorer extensions (i.e., entries in the right-click context menu for drives, folders, and files) gives you a choice of whether those extensions are enabled or not. I don't want nor need another context menu entry named simply "Backup". Doesn't tell me it is for Acronis True Image. I won't be using it. Anytime I want to do a backup, I'll be loading the TI Home application.

As each vendor keeps adding more entries to the context menu, it gets ridiculously long. While a convenience if the list is short, it simply wastes more time scrolling your eyes up and down the list trying to find an entry, and the addition of unwanted entries makes it more difficult to find the other entries.

I know some folks never bother organizing their Start menu into a hierarchy and instead just keep proliferating more entries under Start -> Programs. Even they have problems finding entries in such a long list. I create a hierarchival Start menu. I'd like to have a clean context menu, too.

Add a user configurable option in TI Home that lets the user decide if the "Backup" entry is added to the context menu.

For the original discussion on this topic, please see the thread at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=180316

12. BinCZ

BinCZ Registered Member

My wish-list to Acronis for TI 10 Home includes three important points:

It's urgently time to deliver two additional options, which are unfortunately only delivered within the corporate editions.

1. The commandline tool
    ****TrueImageCmd.exe for automated
    ****backup, restore and mounting.

2. Delevery and support of Universal
    ****Restore for cases of buying actual
    ****hardware nearly all two years.

I'm still hoping, Acronis will quickly no longer ignore their private customers in this relation.

3. Even an urgently neccessarily option
    ****for choosing additonal file(s), i. e. an
    ****extensively system documention, to
    ****include in a backup on CD/DVD
    ****would be more than very nice.

****The standardely included comment
    ****function is extremely insufficiently for
    ****the purpose of correctly documenting
    ****a backup.

I hope, Acronis will make somewhat useful of the suggestions posted in the wish-list of this forum.

BinCZ

13. csosza

csosza Registered Member

- To backup DVD directly. In my True Image Home 10 I can backup only HDD

- Directly backup to pen drive: I got message: "Please insert the first media" when the backup is starting.

14. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

What error message are you getting. Have you raised a fault report ?

This is configurable under Default Backup Options\Additional Settings. It looks like you have this option set.

15. csosza

csosza Registered Member

I put an empty DVD disk to my DVD device. When I start the program and I want backup I dont see the DVD drive letter on the left pane when I select the "Backup Archive Location" (I see HDD and pen drive only).

I want backup also *.cpp and *.h but I see file exclusion masks only and I have many different file types. Is it possible to backup *.cpp and *.h only?

16. robinh

robinh Registered Member

Chop this thread up. It is now 29 pages long and tedious to wade through. It includes wishes for features in TI 8 or 9 which are present in TI 10 and therefore irrelevant to me.

Spend a bit of time cleaning up. Maybe make a TI10 list with entries relevant only to it.

17. Hugh

Hugh Registered Member

I would just like to be able to update the program with no hazzle - it updates fine on the main computer but not on my lap top

18. ebloch1

ebloch1 Registered Member

I would like to see the following added to ATI v10:

1-A. Have the Backup button present a list of one click options:
    -- #1. Run the Wizard = automatic default if no other backups defined.
    -- #2. Run defined backup "A".
    -- #3. Run defined backup "B".
    -- etc., but showing only predefined backups originally designed using the Wizard.

1-B. Provide a second backup button.
    -- A. Rename the current button "Backup Wizard" or just "Wizard".
    -- B. Name the new button "Backup" and have it run whatever was defined by the last Wizard run.
    This would give a single click to produce repetitive backup images.

2. Provide a command line function to run the new option in 1 above.
    -- Something like: "C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImage.exe" /a (runs "A")
    This would allow Batch programs or Scheduled Tasks to make an image.

I currently rely on a button pusher called PTFBPro run with ATI in a Batch . After staring ATI many PTFB program steps are required to make an image and the above suggestions would simplify the job and make it more reliable. In fact, a command line would eliminate the need for PTFB.

19. cortez76

cortez76 Registered Member

I wish:

- "store encrypted files in decrypted state" option for Windows Vista

Thanks,
    cortez

20. dskiff

dskiff Registered Member

Merge function with cvs, etc. files for DVD hubs template.

21. tecknomage

tecknomage Registered Member

Wish-List Suggestion: TI 10 Home

Add the ability to exclude Folders as well as files, in backup options.

This is a major wish for me. I get very tired of having to uncheck folders every time I do a file-backup. The ability to exclude folders is an option that I see in every other backup utility I have used before, implemented one way or the other.

In WinXP's NTBackup, since you can define and save a backup-job (without a schedule) you just load and run the job and it will already include all your file & folder exclusions.

Now here's TI, which is much better backup utility but does not include a way to exclude folders o_O

22. tecknomage

tecknomage Registered Member

Wish-List Suggestion: TI 10 Home

Validation Error Reporting Problems:
    • Validation stops at first error
    • Validation error reporting very, very sketchy

Other backup utilities I use always validate the entire file and give you a report (text file) at the end showing the details of errors found.

TI's validation report is so sketchy, sometimes listing "none" for reason of failure, or just a "tag" that is meaningless :mad:

Stopping at the first error found hides any other errors of concern :(

My wish is to have TI validation check the entire file before informing you there are errors, and have a detailed (text file) report at the end, which could be sent to tech support when you have problems.

23. random110

random110 Registered Member

As great as MudCrab's guide to creating a bootable USB drive is - i would love to see this automated in Acronis.

24. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Provide a menu listing options to be included in the recovery CD creation process such as: usbmouse=off, quiet acpi=off noapic, and perhaps some others. This way the users can make their own special CD without Acronis' intervention.

25. dsaberniak

dsaberniak Registered Member

Support for the Silicon Image SiI3132 based Vantec UGT-ST400 SATA PCI-E card.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.