Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dysthymia, Aug 10, 2004.

1. ashura

ashura Guest

I wish to edit comments of archives later, e.g. when I find a mistake. - feature has been already requested

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2006
  2. Omicron

Omicron Registered Member

- optionsmenu should be resizable

- progress indicator whily creating a boot medium

3. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

Hi,
    i have been advised to post an idea to this thread.
    I have recently invested in a 2.5 external hard drive, which i will use purely for backup software and backup images.
    At the moment i use the Acronis Recovery Boot CD to create and backup my images. What i would like to do and have tried(but failed), is to boot my system into the recovery software using a small partition on my new 2.5 hard drive.
    Using this method would be so much more convenient for me, since the whole process would only require my external drive.:cool:

4. Omicron

Omicron Registered Member

show elapsed time while creating image

5. johnson1md

johnson1md Registered Member

Would like to have support for X64. TrueImage will not even install on a system running Windows XP Professional X64. - feature has been already requested

6. jeanm

jeanm Registered Member

Wish list...
    - Add "Next schedule date/time" column, in active task window for a scheduled task.
    - Split the which list per version..(too long to scroll to see if the request has been done already..)
    Thanks and Happy new year....

7. WFO

WFO Registered Member

Ditto! Origianlly tech support thought x64 support would be a reality by the end of the year. Hopefully it's close. :)

8. jpete1

jpete1 Registered Member

would be nice if true image server could not only back up Microsoft exchange database but back up to document level, meaning individual email accounts can be restored not just the entire exchange database. most back up programs such as veritas and CA currently have exchange plug ins that allow restoration of a users inbox, custom sub folder or even individual emails can be restored.

9. CWBillow

CWBillow Registered Member

My single biggest wish?

That True Image could burn directly to DVD/Rs (dual-layer as well). - feature has been already requested

10. fvineyard

fvineyard Guest

x64 support would be greatly appreciated! - feature has been already requested

Thanks

11. Mofomofo5

Mofomofo5 Guest

I'd like to see:

- A method for making backups repairable in case they are corrupted

Currently, after I backup & verify, I use QuickPar to make a 2% PAR2 parity files. I don't mind using 2% more backup space since I know I'll be able to repair my backup file if it is corrupted.

I've had problems with Ghost & True Image if just a single byte is corrupted somehow. Never again will I let that happen.

I'd love to have this solution in one place - True Image - so I don't have to add another step & use another tool. Yes, it could increase the backup time & space, but it could be a toggleable option.

12. jeanm

jeanm Registered Member

May be already requested:
    When a full backup is done over an existing one (old one is deleted), erase all associated incremental backups (which are now not usefull at all). - feature has been already requested

13. KennethS

KennethS Registered Member

Howdy,

I run TI V9...

If I wish to restore one file, I have to remember to UN-Select ALL files.

That is certainly an error of design.

If the user clicks to Restore Individual Files or Folders, in the next window, nothing should be checked, until the user selects a file to restore.

Thanks,

Kenneth

14. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Ability to include the Acronis boot disc environment when backing up directly to a DVD. - feature has been already requested

Been asking since version 6... ability to write directly to an optical drive.

15. ahab666

ahab666 Registered Member

Hello,

i'd like to ask for a very flexible boot cd/dvd builder - one that is able to

1. create a multi bootable disk with a start menu that covers all the tools
    2. that allows to integrate other start media like that made from anti virus any spyware etc. kits
    3. that works project oriented so a change of one or some boot items or only an update of the antiviral definitions - can be easily managed.

please crosspost that message to the other whishlists - and i hope one of the acronis developers will get a copy of this request too.

cheers - guest 666

16. 99Percent

99Percent Guest

X64 SUPPORT PLEASE! - feature has been already requested

17. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

When doing a restore of the active partition, a way of transferring already entered information to the linux version so I don't have to go through the whole typing process again. If this can't be done, maybe an option early in the process to get out of the Windows version. - feature has been already requested

18. brotman

brotman Registered Member

I'd like to see a morte consistant , and usefull TIB naming scheme this should include:

1) autonaming of (full back up at least) files to include the date and time - feature has been already requested

2) an automated and more sensable way to differentiate naming between Full, incremental, and differential backup files. This would allow a single directory to store Full, Incremental and Differential files unambiguosly

for example
    2a) maybe a suffix of i# instead of just # (the currently generated sequence number) for incremental backup files.
    2b) likewise for differntial backups D# instead of just #.

Thanks!

19. CWBillow

CWBillow Registered Member

The ability to create a task and then create a new task, with only minor changes, without the necessity of going through all the steps. - feature has been already requested

In other words, select a bunch of files to backup on Mondays and then copy that task to a new task that backs up on Tuesday without having to reselect all the files.

20. ginahoy

ginahoy Registered Member

A Pause button during backup, restore and verify operations.

21. adahus

adahus Registered Member

I would like to have the capability of bits transfers which got changed during file modification instead of the whole file backuped-up again!

This will cut a lot of traffic if backing-up on a WAN link.

22. mantra

mantra Registered Member

a better uninstall engine!!!!!

i installed ti9 , upgrade several time , uninstalled and installed ti8 !
    the ti9 leaves some system files, and ti8 did not overwrite these files, i had to do a manual unistall to use ti8 as well!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

23. inventor00

inventor00 Guest

As said before- X64 bit support- desktop and server. - feature has been already requested

24. fjord_fox

fjord_fox Guest

My favorite backup program to date was one that I used during the Windows 3.0 days. It was Central Point’s, "CP Backup". I liked it because it had a graphical interface with which they had a folder bar on the left and on the right, they had a folder view, which you could set to show all the files in list format or in detailed format. The folder bar on the left side was red by default when you opened the program, and that meant that all files were highlighted and ready to be backed up. If you did not want to back up everything, you simply clicked the top of the folder bar and it turned white, which means nothing was highlighted. Then you could go through each folder, find just the files you wanted to backup and highlight each one of them. Once you began the backup, you could see the cursor on the folder bar go down as it goes through the folders, and on the right side, you could see the "cursor" which was the highlighting of the file it was currently on, racing through the folder changing the red file names to gray—meaning that they were now backed up.

At the end of the backup process, it would re-highlight all the files and repeat the above process, but this time it was actually comparing each backed up file to what was actually backed up. I really miss that!

Another useful thing about the "Compare" function is that you could also use it when your backup is old to check the files before destroying that backup and making a new one (or when you just need to check your files for any reason). With this compare function, it began by highlighting all the files, as in the backup phase, but this time, it turned the files to gray if they were exactly the same as they were when the backup was made and they left the files red if they were different. Besides each of these red files, there was a symbol: "S" for same but different date; "C" for corrupted; "X" for missing file; "<" for older; and ">" for newer file than what was backed up. (I may be forgetting some of these symbols.)

A feature I would like to see in addition to that is to be able to right-click on each of the compared files that are still highlighted to read the properties of the backed up file so they could be compared with the properties of the existing file. Maybe it should be different, and with that function, one could find out by reading the properties.

Finally, I also miss the feature that was included in Power Quest’s backup program. It was called MagicMover. This program could be used to move a program from one drive/folder to another drive/folder, and it would do all the necessary registry changes for you. All you needed to do was to highlight the folder it was going to, type in the name of the new drive/folder it was going to, press the OK button, and then everything was done MAGICALLY! I would REALLY like to see Acronis make their own version of this program to go along with TI.

Oh yes, and as said before--X64 bit support for both desktop and server.

25. dsa

dsa Guest

An option to merge an image and one of it's increments into a new single image.
    This help to save space by deleting increments whilst keeping the newest (or chosen) image.

Example:
    Let's have complete image "im" and its increments
    im, im1, im2, ....im20, im21...

I want to have complete image reflecting state when im20 was created. So I instruct TI to create new complete image "newim" from im20. Then I have possibility to delete im, im1, im2, ....im20.

The process of selection of incremental image could be the same could be the same as if I want to plug a image as a virtual disk.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.