Acronis True Image WD Edition 2010

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Zyrtec, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

2. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

This will only work for Western Digital hard drives.

3. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

I've been using it for a while now and I've never had any issues. The only "catch" is you have to have a Western Digital drive connected when you run the application. I believe it's also possible that some features are missing but this is just an assumption based on it being free and already "trimmed" to work with specific hard drives. Still, if you own a Western Digital drive, the WD edition of Acronis True Image is most definitely worth a look.

4. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

WD hard disks only? That's a turn off for me. :thumbd:

Thanks for taking the time to report it.

Carlos

5. Night_Raven

There is also Seagate DiscWizard, which is kind of the same but for Seagate and Maxtor hard drives. Currently it's an older version of Acronis True Image (compared to the WD edition) but should still do the job just fine.

6. kmogg

kmogg Registered Member

About either Western Digital or Seagate utilities: will they work for multiple drives if only one of them is WD or Seagate? I have Seagate on a data drive anda Plextor SSD for the boot drive.

Kevin

7. Night_Raven

I have used the WD edition and can speak from first hand experience. One needs a Western Digital hard drive in order to begin the installation. I can't be 100% certain whether after the installation launching the program would also require a Western Digital hard drive but it's only logical that it does. I highly doubt that a drive is only needed for the installation, but I cannot say that with 100% certainty as I haven't tested it. I do have two Western Digital drives but they are internal and I really couldn't be bothered to install the WD edition of Acronis True Image, disconnect both drives and try if the application would run.
    What I can say for sure is that once the WD edition actually launches it works like the regular (paid) version - one can work with any drive (not just Western Digital ones).

The Seagate edition (Seagate DiscWizard) CAN be installed on a system without a Seagate or Maxtor drive but such a drive will be required for launching the application. After that I'm not certain whether it would work as usual. It should but since I haven't used it myself I cannot guarantee it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.