Acronis True Image users with/without problems

Discussion in 'polls' started by mfabien, Apr 23, 2007.

?

ATI user with/without problems

1. ATI user without problems

69 vote(s)
    66.3%
  2. ATI user with problems

24 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. ATI and Vista user without problems

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  4. ATI and Vista user with problems

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Not totally true. You haven't just made the problems known, you help a whole bunch of users how to work around those problems. Well done.

2. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

For sure, Menorcaman has been a very constructive ATI resource (before becoming a mod, as well as after). :thumb:

3. herbalist

herbalist Guest

I had ATI version 8 installed on my 98 box. It worked fine but I didn't need the secure zone and didn't want the extra running processes. The last time I restructured my system, I didn't install ATI again. No reason to when the CD does all I need.

Initially, I was using CDs and CDRWs for the backup media. The backup process was slow, due to the slow write speed of the CDRWs but the backups always worked. The ATI CD works much faster with my external hard drive. I have one partition on it exclusively for backup images.

In addition to making and restoring backup images of my primary system, it's a big help with research and testing. I used it to make backups of several test systems with different configurations and apps installed. The ATI CD does a good job at resizing them to fit the different drives or partition sizes I'm using. Malware research and security app testing would be much harder without it. It's a real time saver.
    Rick

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

Have been using ATI 9, was very satisfied, purchased ATI 10 for another machine. Both work extremely well. No problems.

Erik, you do not need to backup your email or make a secure zone.
    2 min in options will make these choices permanent.

Mrk

5. ^Ale

^Ale Registered Member

I use ATI 10 Home on Vista (and before on XP from ATI 6 to 9) and never had a single problem in five years.

^Ale

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

You don't have to tell me this, I know ATI pretty good, besides I don't use ATI10.
    My emails are not stored on my system partition [C:], so I don't have that problem like many other users have. If these users have to restore their system partition due to a disaster, they will lose all their emails of TODAY or even worse, if they don't backup daily.

My emails are stored on my data partition [D:], even when my system partition [C:] is totally corrupted, I won't lose my emails and all my other personal data, not even the updatings of today.

That's the problem with images, they are usually from YESTERDAY or even OLDER. This isn't so important for the system partition, but usually a disaster for your personal data, emails, downloads, etc. .... and certainly at work.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  7. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

It works on my system, but it doesn't convince me 100%. I have never been able to backup directly to CD or DVD as it claims. I have ATI 9 build 3,854.

I always backup outside Windows using the bootable rescue CD.

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I been all around that block with acronis and lucky for me they were so disappointing that PARAGON came to my rescue and i never looked back.

I will however not only consider ShadowProtect but likely join others in bringing it onboard. It seems version 3.0 will be the da' bomb! as they say.

9. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Splendid idea mfabien having a poll that is, it does make one wonder though, how many people have purchased TI and never had a problem and hence haven't even heard of this forum.
    I am very happy with Acronis TI ver 9.0 bld 3677.
    I have used it to restore my windows 98se many times. Mounted and copied files from my images etc.
    I updated to XP and made an image before installing any software and updates and did a recovery of the image, therefore I am confident that I have good images to fall back on.
    My rescue cd seems to work as fast as from the windows environment The time is so close that I can't really tell the difference, the time estimated in the program shows 2 minutes faster then the window environment.( We all know those estimates are off) I made a Bartpe boot disk and I can almost copy an image, using the "rescue" cd as fast as it takes for the BartPe just to boot and get into the Acronis TI program. ( or so it seems) So I stick with the rescue CD. ( now I have another "boot" cd, can't go wrong with that)
    I guess the Linux environment likes my hardware.
    Like a lot of people I do not use the secure zone and I make full backups/images.

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

if paragon works why replace it?
    if it aint broke dont fix it.
    acronis dont work for me to many corropt images so im gonna get paragon
    since i get it for only $50 which is 50percent off and that includes a winpe recovery cd.
    both are very good backup programs.
    lodore

11. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I agree - If it works why replace it ?

Is there something special about either paragon or shadow protect that I should know about ? I have been unable to find anything to explain why I as a happy Acronis user might want to consider spending more money to buy da bomb.

I don't doubt that it is possible to get Acronis to make a corrupt image but still
    wonder how

12. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I voted: no problems
    And I notice there are only 14 people worldwide that have problems :D
    Sounds pretty good to me :)

Gerard

13. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

I don't think ATI has ever failed me. Apart from some wrong disk sizes/names I've got nothing really to complain about, so I am a user without problems.

14. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Worthy point & opinion lodore but you know how we all just have to try out something new hoping for that little or a lot of something extra.

Indeed, Paragon WORKS! for me and is never let me down, and likely never will, but Shadow Protect looks interesting for me too, so having 2 super-reliable imaging apps might just give me that ErikAlbert feeling :D
    However i will never part with Paragon for the entire life of my system.

15. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Been using ATI 10 for a few months now and its always worked flawlessly. Its saved me quite a few times and was definitely worth the $$$.

16. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

At this moment, 7:43 AM, April 30

the votes are:

Windows XP users

- 39 without problems or 76.5%
    - 12 with problems or 23.5%
    total of 51 users who voted

Windows Vista users

- 5 without problems or 62.5%
    - 3 with problems or 37.5%
    total of 8 users who voted

17. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thats why when i looked for replacements for ati i tryed both shadow protect desktop full evaluation with the winpe recovery CD and also so paragon.
    shadow protect deskop seemed to have a few problems backing up on my windows 2k pro system test pc.
    so in the end i brought paragon hard disc manager 8.5 personal and winpe recovery cd.
    for only $23 with 70 percent off code some kind person told
    lodore

18. incursari

incursari Registered Member

You will not regret buying paragon hard disk manager. If it work with your system, its solid partition manager and disk imaging software.

19. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yep thats why i'm glad i scored the free paragon hdm 8 giveaway that was on here a while ago. Awesome software!

20. lodore

lodore Registered Member

damn staight.
    i have already done like 40 backups and restores using the 8.0 special edition upstairs and it always backsup and restores successfully.
    i thinkn i will for at least for a while make all my backups using the winpe recover cd that will come in a few days.
    lodore

21. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

The reason i'm so sold on Paragon is it came to the rescue and in a user-friendly manner as well as PERFORMED without a hint of any issues. I could never say the same for those others because they cost me extra money as in coffee cup holders plus constantly errored at one time or another. A superior Imaging program has to deliver, PARAGON has done just that for me since Version 6.0 and saved me from a lot of anxiety plus preserved my money & my time when i needed them most. :thumb:

22. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

23. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Actually EASTER, it's not at all relevant because the user forums of most software products (Paragon software included) have many problem-posts (the fact is that people come to a forum for help)! To illustrate my point, here's a small sample of recent Paragon problem posts just over the past week:
    http://forum.paragon.ag/customer/viewtopic.php?t=1789
    http://forum.paragon.ag/customer/viewtopic.php?t=1788
    http://forum.paragon.ag/customer/viewtopic.php?t=1787
    http://forum.paragon.ag/customer/viewtopic.php?t=1773
    http://forum.paragon.ag/customer/viewtopic.php?t=1744

For reasons beyond my understanding, the user in your referenced ATI post is using a build of ATI 9.1 that's at least 3 builds old! If he is a registered user, why hasn't he updated his installation?

The point is that any software product can work great for the majority of users and yet can be a pain in the butt for some others - that's just the way the world of software is! ;)

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  24. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Can we all get back on track please guys. This thread is supposed to be a straightforward Poll to see how many TI users do/do not have a problem. It isn't supposed to be a vehicle for debating the merit/demerit of alternative solutions. Thanks for your co-operation.

Regards

Menorcaman

25. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Updated Acronis TI 10 Home to build 4942 yesterday and although I have had almost no problems since starting with version 6 I was slightly nervous - what if the new build ate my system ? would my old images now mysteriously fail to work. So I updated and made an image -- no problems so far. I then restored and waited an eternity --- 7 minutes is a long time when you are under stress- not knowing for sure if the new patch would work or not. Eventually my machine re-booted and has been running normally ever since.
    :cautious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.