Acronis True Image, PXELINUX

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nars, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nars

nars Registered Member

Correct parameters to run Acronis True Image through PXELINUX/ISOLINUX

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate my Acronis True Image Echo Workstation Rescue Media in my PXELINUX pxe boot system, I extracted the kernel and ramdrive files from my rescue usb pen (created with Acronis Media Builder) and then added in the pxe conf. file something like:

Code:
    LABEL acronis
      MENU LABEL Acronis ^True Image
      kernel kernel.dat
      append initrd=ramdisk.dat vga=788 quiet
    It apparently works fine, however I'm not exactly sure if I used the correct parameters... I did searched over Internet and I found many users on forums with the same question either for using with PXELINUX or with ISOLINUX (for multi-boot CD's), and almost every user seems to use different parameters, just a few samples I found:

Code:
    append rw vga=788 acpi=off initrd=ramdisk.dat /s ramdisk_size=40720 quiet=on quiet i8042.noloop
    Code:
    append initrd=ramdisk.dat /s vga=788 ramdisk_size=32768 quiet mbrcrcs=on acpi=off
    Code:
    append rw initrd=ramdisk.dat /S mbrcrcs=on vga=788 load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 ramdisk_size=20480 acpi=off quiet
    etc...

My question exactly is... definitively what are the right parameters that should be used with pxelinux or isolinux for Acronis True Image ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

nars

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nars,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

The question is rather complicated so I'd recommend you to submit a request for technical support with the detailed description of the scenario you want to perform. This would let us transfer your query to our Experts Team.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.