Acronis True Image Home 2009 - Unable to backup to DVD drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ssxuser80, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssxuser80

ssxuser80 Registered Member

Currently, have the Acronis True Image Home 2009 software running on Windows XP Professional SP3. I am logged in with an account that has administrator privileges.

I would like to backup my entire computer to DVD disks -- during the Backup Task process, I configured the backup location to point to my DVD drive.

However, it keeps throwing errors:

Error: (0xB03E9)| Tag = 0x65E40AA0B4874B4|Specified file does rot exist. (0x40011)| Tag = 0xD460020904AF28E6

Error: User name or password for the remote resource {0} is incorrect. Please check user name and password and type it again.

I should note that my DVD burner has been verified to work using other programs. I can also backup the .tib image file to my C-drive successfully. It's just whenever I try to choose the DVD drive that it throws errors.

Anyone else having similar problems? Any help would be appreciated.

2. naulak

naulak Registered Member

Make sure you select 'Archive Spliting'. Spliting archive to 4 GB each would do the work.
    Your PC administrator account should have a password. If there is one, use the password, else you have to create one.

3. ssxuser80

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the password has been verified to be entered correctly. Archive Splitting is set to automatic, but we've also tried 4 GB as well without success.

4. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Writing to DVD's has never been one of Acronis's strengths.

I suggest you do the two step approach. This takes up space but I find always works when the direct 1 step method fails.

Step 1 Create the DVD sized backup files on a hard disk.
    Step 2 Write the backup files one at a time to a dvd.

:)

5. ssxuser80

question: if i were to go with the two-step process, how would that work exactly?

because, if i just burn the .tib file to a DVD, the computer won't boot from it. I would somehow need to get both Acronis bootable files plus the .tib image file onto the DVD.

6. naulak

naulak Registered Member

I thinks Jehosaphat is right. If you are unable to directly burn them to a DVD, split the archive to the size of DVD, like to 4.5 GB each, and select the destination to your hard drive. Later on, burn the files to DVDs.

You don't need the boot files with the archive. To boot the system in case of system crash, you need the Boot Media CD.

To be noted: while restoring from CD, it is advisable to copy all the DVD contents to a single folder, on an external drive or drive of your choice. And restore it from there. This is because archive spliting will divide the files to different DVDs while spliting and will keep on asking for the disk. that is 1 files could be splitted to mulitple disc, and will need each disc while restoring.

7. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Yes I should have also said copy all the files on the dvd's back to one location then point Acronis Restore at these files.

This location could be a network drive, an external hard disk or an internal hard disk.

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Another vote for the 2-step process.

You can just boot the with the PC rescue disk rather than putting the TI stuff on the DVD.

You can backup your computer to DVD disks but if you have more than a couple of DVDs you will drive yourself nuts with disk swapping since TI does not restore all of one DVD, then the next, ... The joke is that the DVD tray will wear out before the restore is done.

An external HD is seen as a better choice for backups.

If you want to have DVDs then consider writing the archive to a HD with the appropriate split-size set. Then burn the resulting files to DVDs using Nero, Roxio or you favorite burning program. Be sure you validate the image with TI before burning and use your burning program's "verify after burning" feature.

I only use DVDs as an occasional 3rd level backup (I don't copy every archive to DVD). I split my archives at 1492 MB which means 3 tib files fit nicely on a standard DVD and it uses the ISO file system. The file system is not a big deal since TI can read ISO or UDF but in some circles it is considered more reliable and universal.

I'd also suggest that you confirm that the TI rescue CD can read your archives OK. However, if I ever needed to restore from DVDs I would copy them to a HD first.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ssxuser80,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

The issue concerns Acronis scheduler, you should update it. Use the following Acronis KB article to download and install update for scheduler service.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

10. ssxuser80

Thanks Dmitry. The link you are pointing me to does not accept my username and password. How do you login?

11. rfalcon

rfalcon Registered Member

Acronis True Image Home 2009 - Unable to finish DVD backup

I am using Acronis True Image Home 2009 and trying to back up about 23GB to DVDs. After the last DVD, the software says:

" I00040011: Cannot open backup archive on removable media. Either there is no archive on it or the archive is corrupted. Please insert the last media of the backup archive and click Retry".

Did this...did not work.

I thought perhaps that the last DVD was bad, so repeated the backup with new DVDs.

Got the same problem again. What is happening here and why can I not finish the backup? Thanks.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ssxuser80,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Here is the correct KB article to update Acronis scheduler.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.