Acronis True Image Home 2009 problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by George942, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George942

George942 Registered Member

when i schedule tasks they don't run when a time comes
    i checked to make sure that windows schedule service is
    ruining and i set it to automatic but it don't solve the problem anyone knows how i solve the problem?
    another Q:
    what the different between acronis "system state backup"
    and windows xp "system restore" if i using "system state backup" can i disable windows xp "system restore"?
    i am using the Trail version does it matter?
    thank's

2. George942

Q about Acronis 2009 system state backup

what the different between windows xp system restore and
    Acronis 2009 system state backup?
    thank's

3. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Re: Q about Acronis 2009 system state backup

Well for one system restore only restore certain folders / files not the whole computer like Acronis backup can do .

4. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

You also need to be able to start Windows to start the restoration; whilst Acronis has it own Live OS that can trigger the restoration or backup even if your windows shows a BSOD on start up or you can't get into Windows.

Having system backups using Acronis is like having a duplicate copy of all your drives in a seperate location so if ever anything happens to your original PC (viruses, file corruption, accidental deletion) you can restore back completely back to the state it was when you created the backup. It's like a Time machine for your computer softwares; why cure a virus when you can go back in time before you even had it (and then update your virus definitions or don't open the file that you suspected of having the virus)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

System State backups aren't like having a time machine for your computer, it's like having a time machine for part of your computer. If you do a full disk backup, that's like having a time machine for your full disk. System state only backups some system files, the rest of the disk is essentially ignored.

As pointed out above being able to restore system files from a backup and by booting a CD is beneficial if the reason you want to restore is that your sys didsk has stopped booting.

6. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

Thanks for the clarification.

7. George942

acronis 2009 home Schedule quastion

when i set a Schedule task the task don't run at a Schedule time
    i read in the forum that it is a common problem
    can i run acronis Schedule task via windows xp home Schedule??
    thanks

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello George942,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure Acronis Scheduler2 Service is started and set to "automatic", as shown in the screenshot:

[​IMG]

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Download Acronis Scheduler Manager to the root of your c: drive;
    - Click Start – Run, type in cmd, press OK and issue the following command:

C:\schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect the schedreport.txt file in the root of your c:drive;
    - Run the schedmgr.exe program by double-clicking it from Windows Explorer;
    - Enable logging by using the following command:

set logflags support

- Reproduce the issue and collect the schedul2.log file which is placed to the same folder as the service file (program files\common files\acronis\schedule2).

It is recommended to turn off logging after troubleshooting by using the following command (from the schedmgr.exe command prompt):

set logflags 0
    set lf_registry on

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

As for running Acronis True Image Home 2009 tasks using Windows scheduler, I shall consult our experts about that.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

9. George942

thanks my problem is solved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.