Acronis true image home 2009 - hangs on restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pokerman11, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokerman11

pokerman11 Registered Member

Using true image home 2009 on a intell machine (EVGA / Nvidia MB) with a pair of WD 750G Cavaliar Black drives in RAID Mirror (raid 1).

Trying to do a full restore including MBR and Track 0. Using a network drive.

I took a full system wide backup with true image yesterday and it completed successfully.

Today on trying to do the restore - it gets to the Restoring Partition part run runs for a while and then hangs.

Tells me Remaing time: 8 seconds. Been haning there for an hour.

Anythign I can do?

2. pokerman11

Sorry hit post there too quick.

Using Vista 64. For the restore using teh Acronis recovery boot disk (created yesterday).

Tried this twice and it hangs in the same spot.

I am selecting a network drive, it finds my full system backup fine and starte the restore - I tell it to restore as well as track 0 and MBR.

Runs for about 12min on step 1 - restoring the partition and then stops.

Both my disks check out fine (using WD diag software - full media scan).

3. pokerman11

I also just turned my array off. Just restoring to a single drive no RAID.

Simple - just restoring an Acronis complete system. Hangs on the "8" sections of crestoring partition area.

This will be back if I can't resore. Help please

4. tonyseeking

tonyseeking Former Poster

Create a BartPE boot CD using the free Acronis TI plugin. That worked for me really well, and because it uses the windows drivers compared to the acronis boot cd which uses linux drivers, the restores are twice as fast. :thumb:

5. pokerman11

I created the recovery bootable CD from this machine. It is my only Vista machine running, and where my copy of Acronis truie image resides.

I don't know if I can create the BartPE boot CD as that machien is my only vista machine.

Can I create Bartpe from a XP machine?

I'm also lost how - the first step is to do a "custom Install" - but no mention who I launch that screen to do a custom install

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pokerman11,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

I would recommend you create BartPE bootable disc using Acronis BartPE plug-in, you can download plugin from your account. If some drivers are not recognized by Acronis True Image Home 2009 you may use BartPE bootable disc. It is possible to add any storage drivers at startup in the same manner as when installing Windows on the hard drive (by pressing F6 and inserting diskette with drivers).

To create BartPE bootable disc with the Acronis True Image plug-in you should download PE builder from the following link

See also this article “Creating BartPE Media with Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0”, use this link.

For additional information about BartPE, please click the following link

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.