Acronis True Image Home 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TitusAduxas, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitusAduxas

TitusAduxas Registered Member

Hi

I have been using this for some time now and I'll be honest have not a clue how it all works :doubt: , at best I have half an idea if you know what I mean. However I have always managed to make backups and on a couple of occasions restored those backups. I used to create incremental backups on a regular basis with no problems, the programme used to delete the older files if there was not enough space for the new backup. That was in the good old days.

I changed PC and re_installed everything no problems. This PC has 4 hard disks 2 x IDE + 2 x SATA. The IDE drives are 500gb and 80gb the 500 being the primary boot disk the SATA are 200gb each. I use the 80gb disk purely for backups nothing else. On the primary C: drive I have 105gb of data/files including the operating system (Vista). This is the drive I back up.

I regularly defragment and tidy these disks. After re_installing everything I found I was no longer able to create incremental backups and I was faced with a 'disk full error' so I started to delete the backup file and create a new full backup. This is a bit of a pain but I could put up with it. Now however I cannot even do a full backup as it fills up the disk when only around half way through. Consequence is at this moment in time I have no backup at all to restore if required.

As far as I know I have not altered any settings and am using all the default setting, I only specify the backup location. Just one other point, I cannot create a secure zone on the backup disk, it would appear to start with the progress box showing the spends half an hour doing nothing before it all just disappears o_O

Any thoughts on my problems please.

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Do the math. You hve 105BG of data/files. TrueImage backup willl compress this only about 30% or less if lots of photos or audio. This means that your first full backup will be about 70+GB. There is little to no room for the incremental backups.

Get yourself a larger storage drive. Either an internal drive placed into a usb external enclosure or a basic external drive. This will cost $75-$100.

3. TitusAduxas

TitusAduxas Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't sure of the compression ratio

TA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.