Acronis True Image Home 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TitusAduxas, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitusAduxas

TitusAduxas Registered Member

Hi

I have been using this for some time now and I'll be honest have not a clue how it all works :doubt: , at best I have half an idea if you know what I mean. However I have always managed to make backups and on a couple of occasions restored those backups. I used to create incremental backups on a regular basis with no problems, the programme used to delete the older files if there was not enough space for the new backup. That was in the good old days.

I changed PC and re_installed everything no problems. This PC has 4 hard disks 2 x IDE + 2 x SATA. The IDE drives are 500gb and 80gb the 500 being the primary boot disk the SATA are 200gb each. I use the 80gb disk purely for backups nothing else. On the primary C: drive I have 105gb of data/files including the operating system (Vista). This is the drive I back up.

I regularly defragment and tidy these disks. After re_installing everything I found I was no longer able to create incremental backups and I was faced with a 'disk full error' so I started to delete the backup file and create a new full backup. This is a bit of a pain but I could put up with it. Now however I cannot even do a full backup as it fills up the disk when only around half way through. Consequence is at this moment in time I have no backup at all to restore if required.

As far as I know I have not altered any settings and am using all the default setting, I only specify the backup location. Just one other point, I cannot create a secure zone on the backup disk, it would appear to start with the progress box showing the spends half an hour doing nothing before it all just disappears o_O

Any thoughts on my problems please.

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Do the math. You hve 105BG of data/files. TrueImage backup willl compress this only about 30% or less if lots of photos or audio. This means that your first full backup will be about 70+GB. There is little to no room for the incremental backups.

Get yourself a larger storage drive. Either an internal drive placed into a usb external enclosure or a basic external drive. This will cost $75-$100.

3. TitusAduxas

TitusAduxas Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't sure of the compression ratio

TA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.