Acronis True Image Home 11 crashes when trying to edit a scheduled task

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Spooky, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spooky

Spooky Registered Member

Acronis True Image 11 Home #8053 always crashes when trying to edit a scheduled task. This happens on a freshly installed Windows XP SP2 system and on several other systems with Win XP SP2 with the trial version. Interestingly it worked only the very first time I tried to edit a scheduled task on one PC, but never again after.

This is really annoying, since I am not able to make a change to a scheduled backup task that easily :(.

I appended the system report of AcronisReport.exe and the crash log.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Are you using the English language version on a German language XP OS?

Have you changed, that is added or deleted a partition since making the schedule?

Do you have an XML editor such as Cooktop (trial download available) or similar, that'd allow you to open the actual task file and report any structual errors in the file?

You can view the file in notepad etc, but a proper XML editor will show up errors.

Colin

3. Spooky

Spooky Registered Member

Yes. Not recommended...?

Nope.

Ah, didn't know the tasks are stored as simple XML files :). I will try opening the tasks with Cooktop as soon as I can. Btw. where are those files located?

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

If you installed TI for 'all users' then it lurketh

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts

If for your logon only

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts.

You will need to have view hidden files and folders ticked.

You will need to right click the task and use open with... or be prepared to change the file type from tis -> xml.

I believe people have had strange things happen when not using the German version on German XP (the version numbers of TI are different as is the file size, so there is a difference somewhere).

If you are 'into' programming you can also use EditPad Pro but it won't show errors in file structure.

Colin

Colin

5. Spooky

Spooky Registered Member

I see. I guess I will try using the german version first, if my product key also works for german version, that is.

6. Spooky

Spooky Registered Member

I tried the german trial version on all PCs today, but the problem still exists on all of them :(. I checked the XML files of the Tasks and they're all valid.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Spooky,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Actually, our Development Team is already aware of the described issue. It will be fixed in the next version of Acronis True Image. We are sorry, but the exact time-frame isn't defined yet. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. Spooky

Spooky Registered Member

Ah, good to hear that :). Thx for the response.

9. tuttle

tuttle Guest

Fixed in the next version (as in version 12), or fixed in the next build (next build of version 11)?

I hope there will be a new build of version 11, before you release version 12.

10. debbiecroft

debbiecroft Registered Member

How the fix going? I've got the same problem in Vista (i.e. it crashes when I try to edit a task). All seems to have dragged my machine to a standstill every morning (after hanging part way through it scheduled nightly backup - but thats' the next problem I'll have to look into). :-(

11. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

There is an answer to this kind of problem.
    Forget about editing. Instead delete the task and start over with a new one.
    Painful I know but better than bashing your head against a brickwall.

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.