Acronis True Image 9.1 Issues

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rajsrk, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajsrk

rajsrk Registered Member

Hi All

I am new to Acronis Product and yesterday I did download a trial copy of the Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server.

My query over here is that whether Acronis True Image (TI) will be able to take backup image of the OS from a IBM x Series Server with RAID 1 and RAID 5 configurations. Even if takes backup, will it be able to restore the same image to another hardware system with similar or dissimilar RAID Configurations.

Kindly update me on this.

Thanks

Rajesh

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rajsrk,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

I believe that you use one of the server version of Microsoft Windows operating system. Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server can be installed under the following Windows operating systems:

- Windows NT 4.0 Workstation SP6/2000 Professional SP4/XP Professional SP2;

- Windows NT 4.0 Server SP6/2000 Server/2000 Advanced Server/2003 Server;

- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions.

Also please have a look at Chapter 1.4.2 "Supported operating systems" for more information.

Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server fully supports RAID configurations (including RAID 0,1,5, etc.) even while booted from Bootable Rescue media (standalone version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server). When Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server is running under Windows, it works with all the hard disk drivers detected by the operating system. If Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server is running in rescue mode (e.g. to restore the system partition), then it provides support for all hardware RAID controllers.

Please note that in order to deploy the image of Windows system to different hardware we may recommend that you use Acronis Universal Restore. Acronis Universal Restore technology provides an efficient solution for hardware-independent system restoration by replacing the crucial HAL and hard disk controller drivers. Acronis Universal Restore is an optional program feature. It should be purchased separately and installed from a separate .msi setup file. Please find more information about Acronis Universal Restore in Chapter 3.7 "Acronis Universal Restore" in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server User's Guide and in FAQ section.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.