Acronis true image 9.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bamaman66, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

I have made an image of my hard drive using acronis true image 9.0. I would now like to do an incremental backup or differential backup. I have not had any luck. I get to the point of a name for my backup and everything I enter it will not let me do. Is there a tutorial that explains how to do one of these backups in simple terms. If I could determine the way to name my backup I think my problem would be solved.

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

This is explained in the TI 9 manual and in the built-in Help.

3. LenC

LenC Registered Member

At the "backup archive location" screen, you have to select an existing tib file if you want to do a differential or incremental - you should not be entering a new filename. If you enter a new name and then attempt to run anything other than a full backup, you'll get an error message.

BTW, you should have posted this to Acronis true image board - lots of real experts lurking there.

4. bamaman66

I choose my existing full backup file name and I keep getting an error message.

5. Howard Kaikow

First, do a FULL backup to other media, in case the current backup is kaput.
    Second, ask TI to Validate the current backup.

6. bamaman66

I tried to check my full backup and ran into the same problem. When I put the title of my backup which is "my backkup' it would not accept it.

7. Howard Kaikow

Do not enter the name of the backup, do as intructed by TI, select the archive.

8. bamaman66

I think that is my problem. What is the name of the archive? Is it the drive that you have the backup on?

9. Howard Kaikow

TI asks you to browse to select the archive.
    The internal Help and user manual tell you how to do this.

10. bamaman66

I have not seen anything that explains how to determine or select an archive. I have tried the drive designator that I have my backup on. I have also tried my drive designator including my backup. I am sorry to cause you so much trouble but evidently I am dense or this is not user friendly. Thanks again.

11. Howard Kaikow

Both the built-in Help and the user manual have a section listed in their respective indices titled "validating. backup archives".

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bamaman66,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

In order to restore differential backup using Acronis True Image software you should have only one differential backup archive and one full backup archive.

In order to restore incremental backup using Acronis True Image software you should have all incremental backup archives and one full backup archive.

See the link below to read more about incremental and differential backups
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/kb/?aid=469

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.