Acronis True Image 9.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Andrew-A, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew-A

Andrew-A Registered Member

I purchased Acronis True Image 9.0 when it was released and have downloaded every update since and have never been able to use it.
    when I reboot the machine to restore an image my us cordless mouse will only ever move in a straight line up and down the centre of the screen has anybody come across this and be able to advise me if it can be overcome.

2. computergeek2

computergeek2 Registered Member

:) If you are using a wireless usb mouse or a wireless usb keyboard you may have troubles. If you are able to connect your wireless mouse the regular way instead of using the usb connection it may work. Most wireless keyboards and mice come with an adapter that can be used instead of the usb connection. If this doesn't work try plugging a regular wired mouse to see if it works.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

4. Andrew-A

Andrew-A Registered Member

I am using a USB wireless logitech keyboard and mouse, both worked fine with True Image 8.0 guess I wasted my cash with True Image 9.0

Will check the next few product updates but I really thing it's a waste of my time all I can say is thank goodness for true image 8.0

5. computergeek2

computergeek2 Registered Member

:) You can probably use your usb mouse and keyboard while making a backup image while you are in windows. When you are doing the recovery try plugging in a regular wired mouse and see if this makes a difference. Many backup programs have problems with usb keyboards and mice.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Andrew-A,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please try the following workaround:

- Boot the computer from Acronis True Image bootable rescue disc (Full version);
    - Hit F11 key when the selection screen appears;
    - After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add "usbmouse=off" parameter (without quotes) to the end of the Linux kernel command line (so it will be "quiet usbmouse=off");
    - Click OK button.

If this workaround does not help then please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will certainly do our best in order to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.