Acronis True Image 9.0 Trial. Problem.....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by risk_reversal, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. risk_reversal

risk_reversal Registered Member

Hi and a Happy New Year to all

I wonder if someone can help me please

I recently downloaded Acronis True Image 9 (build 2,323) for a trial and am having a problem as regards restoring an image.

The program images without issues and I can then ‘load the image’ and view it from within windows. The problem occurs when booting using the floppy diskettes.

The diskettes all load fine but after the last diskette has been inserted ‘Acronis Loading……please wait’ comes up with a cursor flashing underneath. After a few seconds the flashing cursor disappears and nothing further happens. At that stage the pc has locked up.

I have read the stickies above and have noted the use of the F11 key when the selection screen appeared, problem is I do not get to the selection screen.

I nevertheless pressed the F11 at the stage when ‘Acronis Loading’ is displayed and I get a prompt which say

^[[123~

The pc locks up after a few seconds even after pressing the F11 key.

I am not sure what kind of system / hardware / partition info you require so I will refrain from posting any such details (until requested) but I dual boot in a windows environment (98se & XP) and use a Via based board.

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction please.

Many thanks for your help

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

If your system has a cd burner, it would be better to create a bootable TI rescue CD rather than rely on floppies.

3. risk_reversal

risk_reversal Registered Member

Many thanks for your reply Chutsman but I have installed this trial on my test system which does not have a burner on it. In any case, I get the same problem if I try to restore an image from the program in windows.

Is version 9 build 2323 a beta/RC or is this a final release?

Cheers

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello risk_reversal,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post?

Please also describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.