Acronis True Image 8.0 build 786 is officially released.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Acronis Support, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Just posting back to let you know, I uninstalled TI 8 Build 786 (cleared registry somewhat), reinstalled build 774, created image split at 635 Mb chunks to HD, burned the image to DVD+RW with Nero 6, used boot CD to restore the image from DVD and somehow it works for now. Don't know any secrets or special things I did. Hopefully, it may help someone.

Gary

2. rrockingb

rrockingb Registered Member

Did you register the upgrade??

I had the same problem but once I registered I had no problem getting the upgrade.

3. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

Not intended as a critiscism of Acronis (I think they get more than their share) but I find the version history issued with new releases a little weak.

Would it possible to include a bit more details on what hardware issues have been addressed (new devices supported etc), and what I can expect to be improved/fixed/changed in the user interface - rather than have to try everything and discover myself.

Thanks.

4. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

When I last tried to create the boot disk on CD/RW, it finalized the CD/RW so I couldn't burn anything else to it.

How do you stop it from doing this ?

What procedure do you use TheQuest ?

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Defenestration

I did not know it finalized the CD-Bootisk when it made is, Sorry.

The 604mg of updates on the CD-RW I am talking about is all of the downloads I have done from Acronis Update Page over the pass 18months, [I have all their Product, bar one.]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

6. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

I'm amazed that in order to burn a CD, the software requires these kinds of machinations. Every time I come here to read topics in this forum about TI 8 (maybe I want to give it another shot), I thank the heavens I stuck with TI 7.

7. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

I have never had an issue burning new rescue CD's, with any version of TI. I don't think its a TI8 issue, where version 7 worked better.

Tipton

8. rrockingb

Well I also have never had a problem burning rescue CD's on any version but with so many possible hardware configuration and add to that software configurations it does not surprise me.

What people need to understand is this forum(like all tech forums) is here to help those that have problems. As far as I am concerned TI has saved my bacon many times and ALL of my customers use this product.
    I fix, build and maintain computers for a living and Ti for me and my customers has been the best since I switch to TI6 from Norton.

Just my 2 cents worth.

9. leehigdon3

Maybe you didn't, but I did have, with TI 8. In fact, not only did I have CD issues, I has CPU issues, too. And the final build of version 7 works quite flawlessly for me (as opposed to earlier builds).

Gee, maybe I'm the only one seeing all of the posts related to CD issues.
    Come on, other software vendors have figured out how to deal with making boot CD's using .iso files. Like V-Com, for instance. An option using .iso files should be part of the installation routine, where they are deposited in a folder within the Acronis program folder, so users having issues burning CD's have an alternative to work with.

I understand software development isn't like riding a bicycle; you fall off a few times, then once you get it, you got it forever. But, hey, I never got paid for learning how to ride a bike, either.

10. leehigdon3

I don't doubt at all your experience with the product. But that doesn't mean everyone else having problems should just accept the premise that maybe it's because they don't fix, build and maintain computers for a living. Or, isn't that what you're implying?

11. rrockingb

No that is not what I was trying to say and I am sorry if it came across that way to you.

What I was trying to say is that not all computers are alike and it is in my opinion that no software program can be 100% for everyone. Some will just not be able to use this program some will have problems and fixes can be found and others will experience no problems.
    For those who can't use this program refunds should be sent to them, for those that have problems and are looking for a fix this forum and its members can do a lot to help and I come here to see what problems people are having and what helps them fix the problem to better prepare and help my customers.

I do not mean to imply that I have never had a problem but I have always been able to get a fix for it.

Again I am sorry that my previous post gave you the wrong impression and I hope this explains it in a better light.

12. leehigdon3

No need to apologize. I was just trying to get clear what your point was.

13. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

Amen 2 that. me and my customers too! We all power users with multiple drives, raid configs and then some. No other util/tool exists like this one..

guess that makes 4 cents now..

14. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

I have not installed the new 786 build yet. Does anyone know if they fixed the error message you receive when you have an empty USB card reader attached, when using the rescue CD?

Thanks

Tipton

15. techyogi

techyogi Guest

does not fix the issues with corrput index!!!

16. Freestone

Freestone Registered Member

You have to register your version 8 upgrade too before you have access to the updates for that version.

17. hemm

hemm Guest

Scheduled backup no longer has an icon in the system tray. Anyone else notice this?

18. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Si3112a Raid 0 still working anyone? I daren't break my 774 build :)

19. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Did a normal "Repair" install of build 786 over the top of 774 and have been trying out this new build for a couple of days. Up to now everything looks good as far as my own setup/usage is concerned.

# No sign of the non-critical "Schedule2 termination of C++ runtime" bug.
    # No sign of the non-critical "Medley RAID (08:10): Error reading metedata (lba=15630148:cool:" error message when booting into rescue mode.
    # No problem creating images from C: drive on SiI 3112A SATA controller (non RAID mode) to second HD on ITE 8212 GigaRaid PATA controller (non RAID mode).
    # No problem creating images direct from TI to DVD +/- RW.
    # No problem creating bootable rescue media on CD and Captiva 256MB USB 2.0 flashdrive.
    # No problem verifying image archive via Check Image Wizard.
    # No problem mounting/exploring image archive.
    # No problem restoring images to active partition from either HD or DVD after booting from rescue CD or flashdrive. However, usually my archive folder has to be opened twice before the names of the .tib files are displayed (otherwise I just see the .tib file icons, although this doesn't affect the ability to restore).
    # TI still complains when booting into rescue mode if my Conceptronic 6-in-1 external USB 2.0 flash card reader/writer is left connected (I've learnt to live with it as it's easily disconnected).
    # SiI 3112A and ITE 8212 RAID modes not tested as I don't use this type of setup.

Regards

20. jimshu1

jimshu1 Registered Member

Could not create a boot disk from the primary menu on one system. It created the boot disk fine on my IBM ThinkPad.

The shortcut worked! Go figure!

-ANTEC Sonata Black Case w/380w TruePower
    -ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE. Latest BIOS 1019
    -P4 / 3.0C GHZ SL6WK - Not OC'd
    -ALPHA PAL S-PAL8952T & 80mm SUNON case80HO FAN (exhausting)
    -Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT 1GB DDR400
    -ATI RADEON 9800 PRO AGP 8X 256MB DDR 256 BIT
    -SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS
    -MODEM BLASTER Model DI5633 v.92
    -2 x MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus 9 SATA 80Gb HD's (non-RAID)
    -1 x MAXTOR DiamondMax D740X-6L PATA 40Gb HD
    -ASUS Model DVD-E616P2 DVD-ROM
    -NEC Model ND-3500A DVD+-RW
    -ASUS CRW-4816A CD-RW
    -19" Monitor: SAMSUNG 955DF / Model PG19JSBL
    -Windows XP Pro 5.1.2600 SP2 w/all updates
    -LinkSys BEFSR41 v3 Cable/DSL Router and Cable Modem

The boot disk still hates my Attache USB memory stick if it is installed on bootup.

21. herojig

herojig Registered Member

Hi gary, do u by chance have a USB mouse? If one searches this forum on my name and hub, one will see that for months i have had USB problems with the recovery disk. I have not had time to send in log files and all that to ATI support, so I guess I can't expect a resolution. I am downloading the new version now in hopes of a fix. But I still have to use a very old recovery disk cause its the only one that works with USB hub, which i cant stress to ATI enough that this is a requirement - otherwise many of us will be unplugging things like a rotary phone operator everytime we want to do a restore!
    jigs

22. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

LOL I am restoring from a boot CD that is from the first TI8 build even now. I never have had a problem with that. :D :D

23. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

No thank-you. I had enough troubles getting the last build to work. If it ain't broke...

Neil

24. herojig

herojig Registered Member

Just installed 786 and it did not fix the NO USB HUB support in Recovery Media boot up, but ATI now does see my external burner for Recovery Media creation. A small concillation prize I guess. However, I get a can't create error when I try to use any media that was formatted with InCD from Ahead Software. ATI will make a CD from a blank CDr, but not a CDrw that was formatted with InCD. Arg.

25. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi herojig

If creating the bootable rescue media on CD+/-RW do not format it using InCD. That would prepare the disk for UDF packet writing, which you use when creating TI images direct to CD or DVD.

If the CD has already been formatted with InCD then use the InCD erase function from within Windows Explorer. Otherwise use the "Erase Rewritable Disc" function from within Nero Burning ROM.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.