Acronis True Image 11 Home - Not fit for consumption!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by harleymaninwpb, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave49

Dave49 Registered Member

They seem to be saying what some Acronis users are saying. That previous versions are better than the latest releases. If this is some kind of trend, industry wide, I wonder what the root cause is?

~Dave

2. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

The shift from IDE to SATA has a lot to do with it in ATI's case. But IMO ATI tries to be just too clever - all things to all men, a jack of all trades and master of none.

3. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Acronis (and others) believe they need to release a new product every year.
    so even though they know it is better to make an iso and then burn it to DVD they added a feature allowing direct burns. each new version has to have new gimmicks to sell. Well having bought every version since 6 I recently bought a competitors product ( for use with large data images) and for larger back ups it is quicker. I do wish Acronis would focus on fast basic full images but have to accept that the public will buy any product with the word new on it. Acronis couild produce the best imaging program on the market but then they simply wouldn't stay in business very long.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I agree. When people go to buy a product they often count up all the features, obviously, the more the better. Who wants 1 function when the competitor has 10. I also would be very happy if all it did was basic imaging as fast as possible and all HW was supported without a hitch.

I find it interesting that everybody seems to want the old versions of TI. Acronis has never released a version that wasn't loaded with faults and needed several updates to fix the bugs. With T9 they were coming so fast and furious users started asking for fewer updates. Well, they got their wish with TI10 and IMO the updates ceased for it before they should have with the release of TI11.

The reality is the marketing and accounting departments drive the software companies.

5. RAD

RAD Registered Member

"Drive" ? ...or "ruin" ? :D

Look at Norton.
    On the other hand, maybe Norton's sales have eclipsed all other competitors; I don't know. I just know they used to be the undisputed leader in PC utilities and now most tech-savvy people absolutely refuse to use their products (me included).
    They sure do a lot of advertizing though ! :D

I wouldn't care if new feature were included AS LONG AS THEY WORKED !

It is the "working" that Acronis seems to have lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.