Acronis True Image 11 can't restore image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by djbkom, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djbkom

djbkom Registered Member

I have been using Acronis TI 9 for some time and other than it not recognizing my USB mouse I have had no issues with either the WinXP or Rescue Disc.

However, with TI 11, in WinXP whenever I choose an image to restore and the PC reboots, I get an error stating either "Disabling IRQ #9" or "Disabling IRQ #14), it then lists a bunch of errors and takes about 10 mins to get to the GUI. When I choose TI Full or Safe Version, it will load, but it will not detect any of my hard drives and I cannot restore or create any backups.

I have also included two screenshots of the errors that occur during the very long load time.

I tried the Rescue Disc (including an alternate TrueImage11.0.8030__s_e.iso that Tech Support referenced) but each time the same thing occurs.

I tried the "quiet acpi=off noapic" command and the problem persists.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Attached Files:

2. d.chatten

d.chatten Registered Member

I have the exact same issue, i have contacted tech support and i also received a link to sdownload and test a new boot CD (TrueImage11.0.8030__s_e.iso), this ofcourse din't work and i ended up with the very same issue.

The strange thing is, if i disconnect my Western Digital 320GB HDD i don't have any issues booting the ATI rescue media and ATI can see my two Western Digital 150GB Raptors.

I'm sorry i couldn't be of any help, but, if you are interested, you can read the thread that i started on this issue on the link below.

ATI 11.0 rescue CD won't boot with 320GB Western Digital connected

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

djbkom
    Could you please let me know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which can be found in the subject of the letters that you received from our Support Team?

d.chatten
    Please note that I have sent you the new ISO image which should eliminate the problem, please check you email.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Churkin

4. d.chatten

d.chatten Registered Member

I have checked my e-mail and there is indeed a new ISO image, thanks, but, when i tested the new recovery media i still have the exact same issue, the strange thing is, if i disconnect my Western Digital 320GB hard drive ATI 11 boots fine and is able to then see my two 150GB Raptors, also, this issue doesn't accur when i use my ATI 9 or ATI 10 recovery media.

5. hein

hein Registered Member

hello, y have the same problem here.
    made a image from a drive, and instald a new drive, in a laptop.
    instald xp and aronis and wanted to set back the image.
    forgett it. sorry cant find a image,and this is not a prpre image.
    cant trust the stuf. thanh god y dit not deleted the old harddisk

:oops: verry disapoiting

(sorry for my englisch)
    hein

6. djbkom

djbkom Registered Member

I actually had two numbers, 1170482 and 1171147. The second one was initiated when I replied back to the first with follow-up information.

7. Acronis Support

Hello all,

d.chatten
    Please note that I have answered your letter.

djbkom
    Our support engineer has requested an additional information from you, we need Linux system information output from the provided ISO image, please attach the collected information to your letter and we will investigate the issue.

hein
    Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Churkin

8. djbkom

djbkom Registered Member

Unfortunately neither set of instructions to create "sysinfo.txt" file worked with the Acronis 11 Rescue Discs. I was able to create the "sysinfo" directory on my compact flash card with the Acronis 9 Rescue Disc (tried 3 different cards and two different card readers) but the *.txt file itself was never created.

I did respond to the email and sent the "report.txt" file that the AcronisReport.exe created.

I'll get one of my buddies who is more Linux/Unix savvy than I am to see if I'm doing something wrong, and if I can get the file created I'll email that as well.

9. djbkom

djbkom Registered Member

Well my Linux buddy stopped by and he had the same issues. However, we did manage to get it working.

Basically I followed the directions to create the "sysinfo.txt" and when it didn't work I would reboot. I followed the directions again and it still wouldn't work. I finally POWERED OFF my PC, restarted, and followed the directions again, on my third try, it finally worked.

I don't know why it would intermittently work, but I got the file. I will email off the *.zip file of the report the files requested.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

When following the instructions to create the sysinfo file from the BootCD expect that that when you issue the commands, you might get error messages. Ignore them and complete the instructions in sequence as if no error message occured and when you reboot into windows and look for the fiel, you'l probably find that it's been created.

11. djbkom

djbkom Registered Member

Each time after I ran the commands I put the card into the reader of my other PC to see if it was created, it wasn't. It was only created after my power cycling of the PC.

12. Acronis Support

Hello djbkom,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that as I can see your case is being handled by our Expert Team. We have successfully received your e-mail with device manager screenshot. You will be contacted as soon as possible. I'm sorry, but the exact time-frame isn't available.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

13. djbkom

djbkom Registered Member

Thank you for the follow-up Marat. As long as I know the issue is actively being investigated I'm happy. Too many times companies leave customers in the dark and that in turn leads to dissatisfaction.

Thanks again for keeping me posted!

14. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

djbkom it would help a lot of people here if you keep us posted as well.
    Thanks in advance.

15. djbkom

djbkom Registered Member

After working with Acronis' Tech Support they sent me a custom ISO image which worked correctly.

All that is needed now is for the Windows version to be updated so that the custom Rescue Media ISO can be created through the program, as well as having the program work correctly itself.

It is nice to have purchased a piece of software which has a support team that actually supports their product!

16. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Thanks djbkom for the update. I am sure you have helped a few others by letting us know the result.
    Good to hear that you are now among the many TI users that can use TI successfully.

17. djbkom

djbkom Registered Member

With the latest build # 8053 ATI is working the way it should. Although waiting for the update tested my patience, I'm glad the issue for me is finally resolved.

One bonus I had with the latest update is that my Logitech G5 USB mouse now works in all of the menus, not just the first one where I choose ATI Full or Safe version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.