Acronis True Image 10 : Poor performance (slow)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mathiasadsl, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mathiasadsl

mathiasadsl Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm trying to backup a new PC from HP: The DC5750M.
    I booted with acronis true Image CD and choose "backup" "partition" "C:".

I only have 6 GB stored on this partition. I want to backup it on my USB 2.0 Hard drive.... 2 hours remaining... I tried to backup across the network by FTP protocol over a 100Mbits network, the SAME!

The compression level is "normal", I also tried with "none".

Did acronis notify issues about new PC or controller SATA..?

... I dont know what to do.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Did you allow the backup to proceed for at least 5 - 10 minutes? Often TI reports long times initially, but after the first progress bars appear, the time decreases dramatically.

Did you try the backup by booting from the Recovery CD. This is a good test for whether some applications running in Windows are causing the system to run slowly for backup. If the Recovery CD backup is fast, roughly 10 minutes, then you have a software problem in Windows.

3. MTX

MTX Registered Member

When I use Safe Mode it takes 40 minutes to do a recovery.

When I use Full Mode it takes 20 minutes to do a recovery.

If you're using Safe Mode, I suggest you try Full Mode and see if there's any improvement.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mathiasadsl,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post and see if that solves the issue?

If the issue persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Please also note that as MTX mentioned, there are two variants of the standalone version of Acronis True Image: Full and Safe. Please refer to this article to find more information. The safe variant is recommended for use in cases where problems running the full version

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.