Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition Free DL for a limited time

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Boost, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatrickB

PatrickB Registered Member

Hi,

is it possible with this version backup Files only? with the wizard only image backup is possible?

Regards Patrick

2. techknowl

techknowl Registered Member

I saw the offer and registered, but from where I can download the software??

3. smokeyjoe

smokeyjoe Registered Member

you can find the software to download using a simple google search.. I'd post a link but I'm not sure if it's allowed here

4. Skytrooper

Skytrooper Registered Member

After you receive your ATI v10 serial number, go to Acronis's website and create an account there (use the e-mail address you used to obtain the serial number and select a password). Once you have an Acronis account, links to download all software you have registered with Acronis will be available in your account.

5. beenieman

beenieman Registered Member

I know for a fact it works on XP Pro SP3 because i downloaded and install it on my XP Pro SP3 system two days ago. Created a bootable recue media and a full image backup with ATI Personal version 10 and all was good.

6. beenieman

beenieman Registered Member

I hope this is a accepted/acceptable solution. This will only work if you have your serial. For people that never got a serial, there is nothing we can do as Acronis are no longer handing out anymore of them and they are unique to the account and registered persons name so we can not/will not be able to be sharing them.

Login to your account at Acronis. The file is still there, the link is not. That is easy to fix.

The steps are:

• Go to the US Acronis web site.

www.acronis.com

• Now click on "My Account" at the top right side of the page.

• Login using your Username and Password.

• Click on "Registered Products"

Your page should show your serial number for the product. Now look at the URL in your browser and it should be:

"https://www.acronis.com/my/products/"

The filename you want is "TrueImage10.0_p_en.exe"

• Remove "products/" at the end of the URL and type "download/?" in its place (everything but the quotes needs to be used) and then add the filename to the very end of that change. Click go or press enter and the download should start if you followed the directions.

Credit goes to Doctor Olds at Dslreports.com for figuring this out.

As of today (Friday February 6th 2009) this work around will not work any more, all you will get is notice saying "We are sorry but service is unavailable now.Please try again later."

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  7. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

There is no download for this one

The version being offered is on the cd with PCworld magazine ONLY

the serial number will only work with THAT version & not any downloaded version

It is a restricted version that is NOT updatable or upgradeable

The version on PCworld magazine will only work with the serial number

the serial number will NOT work with any other version of TI including the full version of TI 10 from the website

If you haven't bought the magazine, then don't bother to apply for a serial number, it won't work with any downloaded version

8. Karen76

Karen76 Registered Member

Your statements aren't entirely correct; at least, not until very recently.

Even though I purchased licenses for ATI v9 and v2009, I also registered for the free ATI v10 Personal Edition serial number. In the "Registered Products" section of my Acronis account, there were download links to all three licensed products, including one for ATI v10 Personal Edition. This file which I downloaded is entitled TrueImage10.0_p_en and is 95.1 MB in size. Since reading your post, I checked again and the ATI v10 download link is no longer present. Instead, there's a statement, "The installation package can only be obtained from a promo campaign partner."

Well, the "installation package" was previously available in my Acronis account and I have the downloaded file to prove it. To test your statement that the serial number "won't work with any downloaded version," I just uninstalled ATI v9 from my XP SP3 PC and replaced it with ATI v10 Personal Edition; my serial number worked perfectly with the version I downloaded from Acronis.com. It may no longer be possible for folks to avail themselves of this offer, but it worked for a few days at least.

9. jura0001

jura0001 Registered Member

Yes, this version could be downloaded via your acronis account (no need to buy a magazine or something). The serial number sent by e-mail worked with this version.

What is lacking in TI 10 PE, is files/folder backup. This means, you can create images of partitions or the whole disk, but you cannot back up individual folders and/or files.

Since I never do the latter, it doesn't really matter to me.

On the other hand, I do not find anything that would not already be in the workstation 9.1.3887, which perfectly installs and works in windows 7. - Okay: one exception: image exploring! I think, it started with TI 10 that one could not only _mount_ images, but also _explore_ them. But since exploring an image (at least for me) appears to be quite slow, I always _mount_ them and have all the options and features of a virtual drive. So no need for that exploring feature...

A final remark:
    9.1.3887 and also this TI PE version work absolutely reliably with windows 7 here; I did countless backups and restorations, and they always worked without any problem. I used the bootcd and also the running windows 7 system as the starting point for a backup process, but also as the starting point of a restoration.

Never had any kind of problem.

O.k., one problem with windows 7:
    exploring images tends to make explorer crash; this does not always happen, but often enough. Explorer can be restarted and everything works again, till the next crash... So you better use "mount an image" instead of exploring it when using windows 7.

jura0001

10. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

I've read where the problem lies in trying to restore a backed up image with XP SP3.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Another question, is it possible to have both Seagate DiscWizard and ATI 10 Personal installed?

Lastly, I've only cloned to a new HDD which worked perfectly, and backed that up once I added new programs etc. but have never needed to do a restore. If I were to restore a freshly backed up image and eiher program didn't work would I lose my OS and programs? (I have my date backed up separately.)

11. Karen76

Karen76 Registered Member

While I can't give a conclusive answer since I haven't personally tried to install both on the same PC (and never would attempt to), that sounds like a really bad idea to me. While there are no doubt some different registry entries between them, DiscWizard and ATI v10 Personal Edition are essentially the same program. The primary difference I'm aware of is ATI v10 PE doesn't require a Seagate hard drive be installed or connected to a PC in order to function as DiscWizard does.

Since they are virtually identical programs from the same developer (Acronis), I can't fathom why you would want to have both of them on the same PC. If you want to install multiple backup imaging software (a good idea IMHO) then I suggest you install a product from Paragon or Macrium Reflect along with DiscWizard or ATI v10 PE; they both offer free as well as shareware versions. I have Paragon and Macrium Reflect programs installed on both of my PCs along with different versions of ATI and have never experienced any conflicts.

The last time I checked, the one imaging program you could not have installed (or even get installed) with ATI present was ShadowProtect. When I trialed SP, I had to manually remove every Acronis registry entry before SP would install properly.

12. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

They're not the same. ATI 10 Personal has the secure zone and recovery start up manager. I tried uninstalling SDW using Revo in advanced mode and installing AT 10 but the installer was somehow interrupted (with security software disabled) and rolled back without installation. I then tried to reinstall SDW and had the same problem. System restore got me back to square one.

13. lime

lime Registered Member

Hello, you can download Acronis True Image 10 Personal from computeractives website. The magazine went on sale 6th Feb so is still available to buy. I would put the direct link, but don't think I'm allowed! Its worth it though for £1.79.

14. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

Any ideas why installation of ATI 10 Personal is getting interupted and rolling back? I uninstalled Seagate DiscWizard with Revo in advanced mode, cleaned up a bunch of other regitry entries with CCleaner, disabled my wifi, AV and AS, still no luck. Did another system restore.

I supposed, other than backing up my OS and programs on C drive with SDW to an external HDD, I got also do one to D as a non secure zone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.