Acronis True Image 10 home ~ Unable to restore back up discs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alan King, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan King

Alan King Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image 10 home with the update Trueimage 10.492_s_en.exe ~ ~snip~

I have backed up disc 1 on my PC which is duo core running Windows Vista Home Premium. Disc 1 contains 3 partitions C ~ mainly Vista OS, E ~ Programme files & F ~ which has my Documents.

I have done a quick format of E & F with the intention of restoring the backup with slightly different volumes ~ I needed to give the C volume a little extra space as things are getting a little cramped in there.

On opening Acronis & selecting to Restore I complete the Wizard to restore E & F & click proceed. Acronis starts to do its business & soon asks for a restart.

On restarting the Acronis Loader is initiated with the screen showing the ACRONIS logo & text which says 'Loading please wait'. Well having waited some 8 hours, nothing has happened! I have repeated this process several times including removing Acronis software from partition E & reinstalling on partition C.

I have also tried running the 'Acronis Startup Recovery Manager' to no avail

Do I need to uninstall Acronis & tidy up the Registry before it will work? If I am required to work on the Registry I will need very precise instruction from yourselves.

What is the solution please?

I am unable to use the Internet from my PC I am currently having to communicate using a friends PC @ brian @ leeds16.fsnet.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
  2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

While you're awaiting suggestions, you should remove your s/n from the message.

3. Alan King

Alan King Registered Member

Problem has been resolved. I was trying to restore 2 partitions where all that I needed to do was restore the files back on to there relative partitions.

PS unable to remove my post as there is no edit button available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.