Acronis True Image 10 Boot Disc - Reboots when analysing My Computer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Derek Dunipace, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek Dunipace

Derek Dunipace Registered Member

Hi,

I've been using True Image 10 for about 6 months now and not had any problems until now. The problem that I have is when I try to make an image using the Boot Disc the PC reboots when it trys to analyze My Computer. I have not had the problem in the past, however I have just added a couple of new SATA discs to my system and I was wondering if this could be my problem.

My system is: 3.0GHz Pentium 4 (HT), Asrock P4Dual-880Pro Motherboard, 3 x IDE discs, 2 X SATA (not raided), OS: Vista Ultimate

Has anybody experienced any similar problems or has any idea what could be going on.

Thanks,

Derek

2. OZSJ

OZSJ Registered Member

I have just purchased Acronis 10 after using version 8 for many years. I have two new SATA drives in RAID mirroring and the computer spontaneously reboots when anaylzing my drives off the Acronis boot CD. SATA support was the sole reason for purchasing the latest version.

3GHZ Pentium D, 2X SATAII 320GB drives

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Derek Dunipace and OZSJ,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating does not solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep drives in question connected and powered on during the creation process.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of drives in question.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. Derek Dunipace

Derek Dunipace Registered Member

I've figured it out. On my motherboard I have a setting for my SATA disks to be either RAID or NON-RAID. When it was using the Acronis boot disk and the setting RAID the PC would reboot when analysing the PC. When I changed it to NON-RAID it worked with no issues. I changed these settings a couple of times to ensure that the results were reproducible and they were.

I am now able to backup my PC using the boot disk.

Derek

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

When you reset the bios setting to nonraid, your array performs as raid or not?

6. OZSJ

OZSJ Registered Member

I am glad yours is working Derek. I unfortunately do not have the option of disabling RAID in the bios, as this will of course break my RAID array. I have tried the latest build but still no success.

Unfortunately, I decided to use Acronis V10 on an old PC (Intel P3) where version 8 works perfectly, and to my surprise it fails to detect both the hard drives. These are just PATA drives not in RAID so I dont know what is going on. I am a big fan of Acronis but I just need it to work, dont really have the time to try and find out why it does not. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.