Acronis True Image 10.0 just released

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hardhead, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Menorcaman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry Menorcaman but at this moment we could not say more. I posted my reply in the thread you mentioned (link to my post). But I would like to assure you that as soon as the information about new build(s) for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home will be avaliable I will post it thread titled <Will there be more updates to TI9 Home?>

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

2. dana16

dana16 Registered Member

Aleksander,
    Checksum is good. I did all the other things you asked and the results are included in the attached zip file. Please help.

Thanks, Dana Harris

Attached Files:

3. dana16

dana16 Registered Member

Aleksander,
    Checksum is good. I did all the other things you asked and the results are included in the attached zip file. Please help. Delete the .txt from the end of the filename.

Thanks, Dana Harris

Attached Files:

4. dana16

dana16 Registered Member

Aleksander,
    Checksum is good. I did all the other things you asked and the results are included in the attached zip file. Please help. Delete the .txt from the end of the filename.

Thanks, Dana Harris

Attached Files:

5. BlackCat3

BlackCat3 Registered Member

Thanks to all who replied to my original question.

Acronis emailed me at 06:30 UK time today (if they're based in San Fransico, what hours do these guys worko_O) with my V10 upgrade key, so that's just over two days from my enquiry. I would rate that as very good service, seeing that they must be flooded with similar enquiries right now. The upgrade has gone without a hitch, and I've had no problems with any of the following:
    1. Installation (upgrade).
    2. Creation of bootable media (booted ok from new V10.0 recovery disk).
    3. Upgrade of Acronis recovery partition (again, tested that it boots ok).
    4. Verification of existing V9.0 image (including 4 differential backups) was OK.
    5. Recovery of C: partition to another disk (using existing V9.0 image) was OK.

All looking good so far.

6. broderp

broderp Registered Member

I asked these same questions and have my solution.

I will be RETURNING my copy of ATI 9 to the store for a $100 refund. PERIOD.

I don't feel like playing the WAITING for UPgrade authorization game, or deal with BUGS in the software.

I feel True image is a great product, well worth the price, but I'm not getting paid to be a beta tester and don't havew the time or resources to deal with multiple patches and tweaks that I will forget in a few months.

I need a working out of the box solution.

I will wait for ATI 10 to "age" a bit and get a few patches and fixes to 10 before I buy, and time my purchace (hopefully) way before V11 hits the market.

7. colin59

colin59 Registered Member

I have had to wait 6 days for a "letter" about an upgrade...seriously, what is taking them so long?

8. kendor

kendor Registered Member

I was very disturbed to read among version 10's new features that one can now back up music, images, e-mail, application settings, etc. I am appalled that I have been under the impression that my version 9 does all these things but obviously it doesn't seeing that these are new features. Whay else does version 9 not do? I thought that it made a complete image of a drive, which I understood to mean that it backed up everything.

Ken

9. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I think you've misunderstood the new features Kendor.

Obviously if you make an image (without file exceptions) then you've a complete image of the hardrive - full stop - no debate!

However I think that Acronis feel that some people may want to use TI in a similar way to MS Backup and MS settings utility - so instead of creating an image of everything - you can now choose to just backup Files and Folders, Outlook email and it's settings (OK this appears not be working to plan).

I think it is a case of marketing trumpeting things as well as Acronis responding to things that sound exciting but actually may not be that useful.

After all with FILES and FOLDERS you've always been able to back up well, specific files and folders. The only difference now in 10 is that you can now back up the parts of the OS that contain specific settings. Of course if you make an image then naturally these are saved as part of the image.

Colin

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  10. Omen

Omen Registered Member

I have a tech support issue for SATA drives (689135) where I was told that my problem was fixed, and will be included with the next build of TI9. This was on September 12, 2006.

Now, I'm wondering if I'll ever see that "new build" of TI9 to make my copy of TI9 fully-useable. If I don't see that new build in a reasonable amount of time (1 month) then I will be an Acronis customer no longer.

11. kendor

kendor Registered Member

Colin

That's a relief, thank you. I suppose that puffery by its nature tends to rely on a bit of hyperbole; just that this time Acronis have got caught out by their hyperbole because it impliedly denigrates the existing product range. But let me go on record that Acronis is a great product; it even works fine on my SATA II drives.

Ken

12. shieber

shieber Registered Member

"Impliedly?" heh heh.
    No puffery here, right? Just kidding, Ken. My typing is the workst, wrost, worst.

sh

13. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

no spilling mistakes here either.

F.

14. grit621

grit621 Registered Member

Here here!

Acronis' problem is that the rescue CD does not support the ICH8 controller used on Intel P965 chipset-based motherboards. All that would be required is a rescue CD update via new drivers. I'm NOT paying $30 for something that should be a driver update.

15. ocostich

ocostich Registered Member

Is this true fro V10 or just V0? I'm building a new system using an Intel P965

16. ocostich

ocostich Registered Member

Oops. V9, not V0

17. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

To All:

As a reminder that this thread discussion concerns vs 10 and not vs 9 or a closed thread concerning vs 9. Also a number of OT posts removed.

Thanks,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.