Acronis + True Crypt - Daily Backups

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by dietsamscola, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dietsamscola

dietsamscola Registered Member

Hello, forgive me if this has been answered before. I searched quite a bit and couldn't find an answer.

Right now I use ATI to make automatic daily backups of my C: drive and store them on an additional hard drive.

I would like to encrypt my system using True Crypt, however I have some concerns. I've read ATI can still make bit for bit backups of encrypted data, but this has to be done using the restore CD, meaning it couldn't be performed automatically.

I've also read ATI could make daily automatic backups of the C: drive in a decrypted state and I could save the unencrypted images to an encrypted hard drive, however I'm not sure how I could get the ATI rescue disk to recognize an
    encrypted hard drive.

What I'm wondering is, how can I encrypt my system, yet retain daily backups that are easy to restore?

Thanks for the help

2. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.