Acronis TIv9 Build 2323 "Incorrect Parameter"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BURNER27, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BURNER27

BURNER27 Registered Member

Whenever I try to make a backup of my OS/apps (6.2GB in size) to a blank DVD (either a DVD+/-R or RW or a DVD+R DL Disc) using TIv9 build 2323, I insert any blank DVD and TIv9 tells me the parameter is incorrect and it will not burn an image to disc. I am new to these forums and I have searched for anyone having this same problem with no luck. Can I chalk this up to another "problem with TIv9"?

My specs are as follows:

Asus P5WD2 Premium WiFi/TV Tuner
    Pentium 4 840D 3.2 Extreme Edition
    2GB Kingston HyperX DDR2 PC5400
    BFG 7800GTX OC
    2 x Plextor PX-716a DVD Burner
    3 x 400GB HDDs
    1 x 500GB HDD
    SB X-Fi XtremeMusic
    Onboard 10/100/1000 NIC

2. goo9

goo9 Registered Member

Backup full image of PS [2parts about 3.4Gb]
    TO Imation DVD+R 16x
    In SM Plextor PX-716A
    compression=Normal & Verify=ON

Minor errors:

TI9 2,323 didn't want to go past insert first disk marked Volume 1?
    Retry just blinks
    Cancel started the job: ete 1hr 12min

Roxio EMC7 drag-to-disk process issued failure to record Volume label
    process continues...

At end of write process
    E0004000B: the drive is not ready
    Retry: fails for a while then passed.. patience is a virtue?
    W0040011: Please insert the media marked "Volume 1"
    again Retry fails... never got the Volume label...

Operation completed with errors... see log
    unable to open/read PS2.tib for verify

Further:
    2 files were written for PS2.tib
    PS21 2.1Gb and PS22 1.3Gb
    Roxio had stamped the volume lable so changed it to "Volume 1"

Verification of PS21.tib 12min OK
    Verify PS22 7min OK

TI9 Icon hung in Systems Tray as if active job in progress?

Probably better if verify not part of backup job.
    This is enough pain for now
    Prefer using hard drives, even USB2...

3. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

Have you read this FAQ? http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq.html#27Are you using 3rd-party burning software as described in the FAQ?:cool:

4. BURNER27

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello BURNER27,

As you've installed and are running InCD as your UDF packet writing software, I assume you are using DVD rewritable disks. Did you use InCD to format these prior to imaging?

Anyway, perhaps there is some info in this <previous reply> that's useful.

Regards

6. BURNER27

Yes they were formatted beforehand. I am using a DVD +RW

Nero 7 has packet writing software included in it's bundle, correct?

7. Menorcaman

I can't say as I'm using Nero 6 Reloaded. However, you said that you installed InCD (UDF packet writer) separately so I presume it came with your Nero 7?

Regards

8. BURNER27

I installed InCD 4 separately because I am not sure if it is a part of Nero 7 Ultra package. But even though I installed InCD separately, I still cannot backup to DVD. The error I getting is INCORRECT FUNCTION not Incorrect Parameter.

Sorry for my confusion.

9. Menorcaman

I'm afraid I've never come across that error message before. I spent a few hours this afternoon trying out a number of things but couldn't replicate it.

The only thing I can suggest now is that you give up trying to image "direct" to DVD and use the "two-step" method to burn either Nero DVD-ROM (ISO) or DVD-ROM (UDF) compilations instead. This is often a more reliable way of storing images on DVDs anyway!!

Regards

10. BURNER27

Create the image of the drive I am trying to backup to another HDD then burn that image to a DVD-/+R or RW using Nero?

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BURNER27,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that the current version of Acronis True Image doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software.

As Menorcaman has already said, you can find more information on how to write your images to DVD in this FAQ article.

Please also note that the ability to write images to DVD directly will be implemented in the future builds\versions of a particular software, but exact time frame is not decided yet.

In case you have the appropriate UDF packet DVD writing software installed and all of your DVDs are properly formatted according to the above mentioned FAQ article, but you still can not write your images to DVD, please collect the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Provide the exact text of the error message you have received;

- When exactly have you received this error message?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

P.S. You can also use the so-called "two-step" method for writing your images to DVD which is also described in the above mentioned FAQ article.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

12. Acronis Support

Hello goo9,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If you have the appropriate UDF packet DVD writing software installed and all of your DVDs are properly formatted according to my previous post addressed to BURNER27, but you still can not write your images to DVD, please collect the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Make a screen shots of your consequent steps taken during the image creation process along with the screen shots of all error messages you have received;

- When exactly have you received these error messages?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Please be aware that this problem is known and will be fixed in the next build of Acronis True Image 9.0. Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  13. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

Yes, that's what Menorcaman means. Make sure that you have TI break the image into DVD sized chunks during the backup process. It's too late to do that once the imaging is finished.:cool:

14. Menorcaman

Yep. Full details contained in the link to the <previous reply> that I embeded in #5 above.

Regards

15. BURNER27

ok, I have solved the problem. If you right click on the writable drive you want to use and go to properties, then go to the recording tab and make sure "Enable CD recording on this drive" is checked. If you have 2 recordable drives in your machine, only one of these drives can have this option enabled at one time. It doesn't affect you from using the drive that doesn't have this check mark as a burner in any other program.

Next, for those using Nero 7 Ultra, if you select "Typical install" instead of "Custom Install", InCD is NOT installed by default. I reinstalled my Nero 7 Ultra software and made sure that the InCD software was installed. Then I formatted the DVD as per the very helpful threads and "How-to's" from other members (thanks guys/gals) and was able to make a DVD backup of my C drive using TI9.

Thanks again for all of your help!

16. Acronis Support

Hello BURNER27,

I'm really glad to hear that the problem has been solved.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

17. Menorcaman

Hi BURNER27,

Well that's different!! Many people that have problems imaging "direct" to DVD via third-party packet writing software such as InCD find that they have to disable Windows XP's build-in CD recording capability. Did someone say computers were logical devices? Hah!!

Anyway, I'm glad you managed to sort it out. Now just make sure that you verifiy those images before you attempt a restore :).

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.