Acronis TI9 OEM

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by taidi, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taidi

taidi Registered Member

Been lurking for a while now picking up tips for ATI10. However, today while looking for a new HDD I found an OEM copy of ATI9 on offer when bought with a new drive.

Firstly I'd like to check is this a legal copy of Acronis ?

If it is, - can ATI9 cope with my current hardware, eg SATAII drive and nVidia 6100/403 chipset/SATA controller ?

All I want to do with ATI is image my XP system partition to an external USB drive, but I've seen it mentioned that the ATI9 recovery CD is a bit flaky with external USB drives.

Any advice appreciated.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You won't know until you try it. The Linux rescue environment may not have drivers for your SATA drive. You should be able to register the software with Acronis and download the latest V9 builds either 3677 or 3854.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  3. taidi

taidi Registered Member

OK and thanks. It's worth the risk at about a third the retail price of ATI v10, but I'll not be surprised if I can't register it - OEM software usually falls to the vendor for support.

Your reply to dirtnapper looks to be the answer for me too. I see there are three ATI v9 plugins by Mustang for Bart's PE, hopefully one of them will work with this OEM version.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello taidi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that OEM version of Acronis True Image does not have the full set of options full version of Acronis True Image has. Note that OEM version of Acronis True Image can be upgraded to the full version of the program. Check this previous post for more details.

Please also note that in order to obtain updates for OEM version of Acronis Software you will need to contact the OEM vendor from which the software has been received.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.