Acronis TI9 Documentation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ccfouts, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccfouts

ccfouts Registered Member

I just bought, downloaded, and successfully installed TI9, build 3567 with no problems. My first "files/data" backup went without a hitch as well. I know from years of past experience with backups it is not always "what you see is what you get". Hence my questions.

I am using the "Log Viewer" for feedback as to how things are going in order to gain confidence in the product. The Log Viewer has the heading fields "Type", "Module", "Error (Code), "Date", "Time", and "Message".
    Here are my questions:
    1. Every entry line shows an error code. For example with the "Validation" of my first "files/data" backup the first line reads
    Information 100 2(0x640002)..... The "Current check operation" operation started

The last line reads Information 100 6(0x640006)..... Operation succeeded

To me the presence of an error code implies that something went wrong. So if the validation operation succeeded, what is the error code telling me?

2. I downloaded the User Manual pdf file for TI9 before I purchased the product, but it does not answer any of my questions about "error codes" and in fact it seems out of date relative to the product I have. For example the pictures of the main screen do not match my product. When will the user manual be updated?

3. Will you improve on your documentation so as to include clear explanations or error message codes?

Thanks,
    Cullen

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Build 3567 is new and the documentation is not yet released but it is, according to Acronis, on its way and considering they have provided User Guides for the product in the past I have no reason to doubt them.

I agree the "error code" is a misnomer and it would be better labelled something like "status code".

BTW, you can tell if there is a real warning/informative or severe error code in the log without opening the log file. A yellow or red icon is displayed by the log file name in the window.

3. ccfouts

Thanks for the feedback regarding the documentation. What you said makes sense, and I will just be patient on the documentation and not worry about the error codes unless I actually see the yellow or red warning flags.

Being new to this product I guess I am being very cautious. When you read user reviews you see a lot of 10's and a lot of 1's. That is just the way it is with backup software. If it works it's great, and if it does not not it's abysmal.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ccfouts and seekforever,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the column with the heading field "Error (Code)" related to information, warning and error messages of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. In case with the information message it indicate the event code. I have forwarded a request to our Development Team. Probably it will be corrected in future build/versions of Acronis True Image.

Please note that all information concerning the features of the new build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home will be included into User's Guide and Features list on our web site as soon as possible.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. ccfouts

Aleksandr,

Thanks for the reassuring feedback. I will be on the lookout for any further improvements as they come out.

Cullen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.