Acronis TI9.0 Secure Zone & disk problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mike Gatehouse, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Gatehouse

Mike Gatehouse Registered Member

I installed ATI9.0 and started to use for the first time. I started ATI 9.0, then remembered I needed to plug in my (USB) external hard disk. This action crashed ATI with a report error to Microsoft dialog. I'm running Windows XP Home.

Next: I wanted to create an Acronis Secure Zone and set up Recovery Manager. I selected a partition on my main (internal) hard disk with lots of spare space. ATI went through a long series of 'Locking' and 'Analysing' my various partitions. Told me I needed to set up a 4.24Gb Secure Zone and I chose to do so on partition I:\ ATI started to do this, then reported 'failed to read from sector 209,021,778 of the Hard Disk 1'. The Log reported 'Operation with Partition "1-9" was terminated with Code 458,760. Resize Impossible.'

I used disk tools to check, scan for and fix errors. None reported. Windows Explorer has no problems with my HDD as a whole, nor with drive I:

However, I find drive I:\ has now been resized by ATI (down from approx 12.0 GB to 7.84Gb). When I run Manage Acronis Secure Zone, the 4.24Gb has disappeared from Drive I and ATI fails to find its Secure Zone. I'm reluctant to allow ATI to help itself to another chunk of my hard drive.

What gives? Allowing ATI to mess with my partitions in this way seems a bit perilous.

Advice would be much appreciated.

Mike Gatehouse
    in Brecon, S.Wales, UK

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post?

Please also find the full version name and build number as it is shown here.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.