Acronis TI10 incremental backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cats2fish, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cats2fish

cats2fish Registered Member

I made a full backup to my external hard drive, and now want to make incremental backups of my data each day when I turn on the computer. Sometimes an incremental backup is made, and sometimes error messages that state priority changed to low priority, and backup made with errors. How do I know what errors occurred, and how do I consolidate incremental backups into the full backup, if possible?

2. Wandering2

Wandering2 Registered Member

The log should tell you what errors occurred. So will Vista's error logs.

Incrementals remain separate files from each other and the original. They must all be kept in the same folder as a group. You can pick which incremental you want to start a restore from, and it will ignore all later ones in the restore. If you pick the original full backup, that's what you'll get. If you want the latest status restored, use the latest incremental as the starting point.

Good luck.

3. cats2fish

I use XP, not Vista, and the Acronis log only says "backup completed with errors" no explanation of what errors occurred. How do I find out what errors were involved if the log won't explain? I thought that incremental backups went right into the original full back up and replaced the items that were edited or added.

4. Anders Lorentzson

Anders Lorentzson Registered Member

My backup harddisc is now full with incremental backups (I'm using Acronis True Image Home 11.0) . I want to keep the first full backup when everything was installed and working smoothly and delete all incremental backups, is that OK? and then start building up new incremental backups.

Anders

5. cats2fish

I GIVE UP! I am uninstalling Acronis and looking for a new program. True Image 10 refuses to work properly, won't do incremental backups without errors, tried to install Build #4942 (which I assume is an update, Acronis terminology style) and my computer locked up with a big error screen. Many days my computer won't even boot properly with this program installed. TOO MANY PROBLEMS! There must be an easier way to backup my computer. Contacting Acronis Customer Support receives the reply,: "We only support older versions by Knowledge Base and Forum." Great! in other words, buy our newer product and we will help you for maybe a year or two....

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Anders Lorentzson I would recommend you create Backup Location and save your backups there. It allows you specify backup rules and policies.

First of all please make sure you created backup location (Create and Configure Backup Locations -> Create Backup Location -> follow the wizard instructions to complete backup location, e.g. you may use one of your partitions). Then you will see a window with backup rules (you may specify location size quota, maximum number of backups, storage period limits).

When backup location is created you will be eligible for backup policy. Click Operation -> Schedule Task -> Select Backup Type -> In Backup Archive Location completely unfold Backup Location folder and choose previously created backup location (in folder line you will see “No file name is required in this area”), click next and you will see backup policy window.

cats2fish I have sent you scheduler update via PM, please install it and see if the issue persists. If it doesn’t solve the issue attach error log file to your next reply.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.