acronis TI home ver 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ransom47, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ransom47

ransom47 Registered Member

Hello, I have version 9 updated to the most recent build.
    I have 2 dvd/cd drives, one is a dvd-rom/cd-rw the other is a dvd-rw/cd-rw.
    From within acronis (in windows) I cannot "see" the dvd-rom/cd-rw (drive F)
    Same with booting into TI from the boot disc I created. I can "see" all of the other drives.
    Also, "drive F" is the drive I use almost exclusively and have never had any problems with it.

Any hints?

Any comments on why Acronis official site only keeps support document for the most recent version? I bought 9 maybe 6 months ago!

Thanks.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

How is the dvd-rom/cd-rw drive attached to your computer? All the user guides are available here http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/docs/.

3. ransom47

Hi, both drives are internal, not usb or anything.
    I will take a better look through the documentation before posting any more questions.
    Thanks.

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

I booted from my old v9, build 3,633 Rescue CD and it shows my 3 writers--one of which is a Samsung DVD-ram device. This was using the full version.

I clicked on Restore and all devices were listed.

I have V10 installed so cannot speak for what appears in V9 Windows.

All 3 writers were listed as CD Roms and do not pay any attention to drive letters as they may differ.

5. ransom47

Re: acronis TI home ver 9, doesnt recognize 2nd cd drive

Hi, GroverH, thanks for the response. I had been browsing through the "backup" menu, after reading your post I browsed through the "recovery" menu and could see all my drives appropriately--both through windows and through the boot disc.

Why would I see all my drives through one menu and not the other?

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Is this because the optical drives are used for restore, but you can't make an image from them?

7. GroverH

Simulate performing a backup. When it asks to choose the backup store location, click on the + sign beside "My computer". Is the burner drives listed?

8. GroverH

For many of us, the only function the CD/DVD writer performs is to create the bootable "Rescue CD". Once this is done, then we use the CD reader to bootup using the Rescue CD. If you have a working CD burner seen by True Image from within Windows and from within the Rescue CD, you really can do without using the DVD burner.

For the storage of ATI image backup files, most of the forum posters will recommend using another hard drive--either internal/external/network, etc. Additional copies can be made to CD or DVD using the "2 step" method. That is, create the backup onto another internal/external drive and then use your existing 3rd party software (Roxio/Nero, etc) to copy/burn the .tib backup files onto CD/DVD's as a simple data file. Attempting to create a backup direct to CD/DVD using Acronis is time consuming, difficult and often times problematic. Read some the prior postings about this burning direct diffuculty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.