Acronis TI 9.1 and SD 3.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Sieran, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sieran

Sieran Registered Member

Hello,

A little background to explain what I am trying to accomplish...

A little bit ago my company migrated from Ghost to Snap Deploy. One of the problems we immediately ran into was the ability to browse the .tib files created by SD.

So, Acronis only solution was for us to purchase a few licenses of True Image Workstation 9.1 and use that to open the .tib files that were created with SD.

Well, we just "upgraded" to SD 3.0 and immediately ran into a few problems (most of which don’t belong here). The one that relates to TI is the ability to open the .tib files. With version 3.0, I am now unable to mount the .tib files. I get the error "Selected file is not Acronis True Image archive or is corrupted. Please select another backup archive.". It even goes as far as to crash TI if i select some images created with the new "stand-alone" feature in SD.

Anyone know if there is a patch or workaround for this?

Thanks,

Andrew

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Sieran,

Thank you for using Acronis Backup software.

Please accept our apologies for the delayed response. Could you please clarify what Operating System you are trying to explore the images under? Could you also clarify whether the images are created under Master Image Creator or under Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console? This information is necessary for us to find the reason of the issue.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

3. BeeCaveTX

BeeCaveTX Registered Member

We are experiencing the same issue.

We created some test images using the Master image creator available on the Bootable Rescue Media for Snap Deploy 3.

We are unable to open the images using either TI 9.1 or TI Echo using either open via the explorer in Windows XP or the Bootable Rescue Media.

4. Acronis Support

Hello BeeCaveTX,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Backup software.

I'd recommend you to submit a request for technical support with the detailed description of the issue and the link to this thread. This will let us submit the task for our Quality Assurance Team to let them reproduce the issue and try to find its reason.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

5. BeeCaveTX

It's been over a week since I submitted my trouble ticket and they have not said anything other than acknowledging that they received it. Any idea if they ever provide more information or a fix?

6. Acronis Support

Hello BeeCaveTX,

Thank you for contacting us and please accept our apologies for the delayed response.

Could you please tell me the number of your case in Acronis Support department? You can find it in autoreply you should have received after submitting request. I'll check how the case is investigated and do my best to escalate the process.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

7. BeeCaveTX

[Acronis #1511875] SD 3 images not compatible with any version of TI

8. BeeCaveTX

Support has advised that this behavior is "quite normal." As SD 3.0 was released after TI Echo, the version of it's images are not readable by TI. I guess the question now is if TI will be updated to be able to read the new SD images.

9. BeeCaveTX

Support sent an update that they've tested the latest builds of TI 9.1 and confirmed that they can open SD 3.0 images. Unfortunately there is still no updated trial version for me to confirm this. They also don't mention if the latest builds are currently available for updating to.

10. Acronis Support

Hello BeeCaveTX,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that the build (8115) of Acronis True Image Echo was recently released. To get access to updates you should first register your software. The trial versions have also been updated. Please don't forget to update all installed components as they need to be the same build in order to interact properly.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

11. BeeCaveTX

I can confirm that build 8115 does open images created with Snap Deploy 3. There is an issue though with NTFS partitions in the images. TI detects them as being full. It will mount the image fine, and will recognize how much space is left for partition types other than NTFS, but it always lists NTFS partitions as being full. This is something of an issue as it won't restore a partition if the original partition was larger than the restore to partition.

12. Acronis Support

Hello BeeCaveTX,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please clarify if the issue appears only when using images created by Acronis Snap Deploy 3 for PCs, or when using images created by Acronis True Image Echo Workstation as well? Please also clarify, does the issue appear when running Acronis True Image from Windows, using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, or both?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.