Acronis Startup hangs after pressings F11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by inimitablesikh, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inimitablesikh

inimitablesikh Registered Member

I have one HD and I made a secrue zone then I verified it then I activated the startup manager, but still when I press F11 it hangs after saying acronis is loading same thing happens when I boot form the DVD I made using the acronis "Create bootable rescue media because I do not have the original disk so when I boot from the DVD I made using acronis I click start full version acronis it says it is loading but I am just stuck at a blank black screen. What can I do I want this software to work after all I payed for it so I can recover when necessary and now it isn't working please help ASAP Thanks soo much...
    ~TJ
    EDIT: I am using Acronis home edition 11
    Also I have a Dell Vostro 1000

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

OK, I have a Dell Vostro 1000 that I bought at the end of January this year, so our systems are probably close to identical.

I have TI 11 Build 8053 installed. I did not create a Secure Zone or activate the Recovery Manager because I don't like or use either of those. I did create the Rescue CD. Note, this is a rescue/recovery CD and not a DVD.

I can boot from the Rescue CD into True Image Full mode. There is a bit of a delay after the Acronis Loader screen comes on, but it continues into a screen that looks very much like the Windows version of TI 11. I can make or restore backups after booting from the CD.

Try making the Rescue media using a CD-R instead of a DVD disk.

Let us know what you find.

3. inimitablesikh

inimitablesikh Registered Member

Oh thanks but unfortunately I now uninstalled it and am using genie backup 8 it is wonderful if I can get acronis to work on the family computer then I will use it on my laptop...Thanks a lot

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

That's another backup program that uses VistaPE for the bootCD disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.