Acronis Startup hangs after pressings F11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by inimitablesikh, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inimitablesikh

inimitablesikh Registered Member

I have one HD and I made a secrue zone then I verified it then I activated the startup manager, but still when I press F11 it hangs after saying acronis is loading same thing happens when I boot form the DVD I made using the acronis "Create bootable rescue media because I do not have the original disk so when I boot from the DVD I made using acronis I click start full version acronis it says it is loading but I am just stuck at a blank black screen. What can I do I want this software to work after all I payed for it so I can recover when necessary and now it isn't working please help ASAP Thanks soo much...
    ~TJ
    EDIT: I am using Acronis home edition 11
    Also I have a Dell Vostro 1000

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

OK, I have a Dell Vostro 1000 that I bought at the end of January this year, so our systems are probably close to identical.

I have TI 11 Build 8053 installed. I did not create a Secure Zone or activate the Recovery Manager because I don't like or use either of those. I did create the Rescue CD. Note, this is a rescue/recovery CD and not a DVD.

I can boot from the Rescue CD into True Image Full mode. There is a bit of a delay after the Acronis Loader screen comes on, but it continues into a screen that looks very much like the Windows version of TI 11. I can make or restore backups after booting from the CD.

Try making the Rescue media using a CD-R instead of a DVD disk.

Let us know what you find.

3. inimitablesikh

inimitablesikh Registered Member

Oh thanks but unfortunately I now uninstalled it and am using genie backup 8 it is wonderful if I can get acronis to work on the family computer then I will use it on my laptop...Thanks a lot

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

That's another backup program that uses VistaPE for the bootCD disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.