Acronis Snap Deploy Causing Dell's to Reboot

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by nnhood, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nnhood

nnhood Registered Member

Hello,

I've installed Snap Deploy on a server and have generated a client boot disk with the Snap Deploy agent on it.

At our store it works fine, I can deploy an image from the server after booting up the client from the cd, we have our own custom built machines here at our store.

However at a school we work at, we have Dell Optiplex GX150's and they boot up off the client cd, obtain an IP Address and appear to be waiting. But then about 30 seconds to a minute later, they either get an all blue screen and just sit there, or else they reboot by themselves. Not sure what the problem is.

I noticed that using just the plain old Acronis True Image Server 8.0 boot cd on these pc's also causes them to reboot. The only thing that does not cause them to reboot is Acronis True Image 9.0

Just wondered if anyone was having similar problems with Dell's rebooting by themselves. I think this is an Acronis/Dell compatibility issue and perhaps just with the Optiplex GX150. I've had similar problems with Powerquest (Symantec) Drive Image products on certain dell models.

But whatever is different in Acronis True Image 9.0 seems to be the missing link that needs added to 8.0 and Snap Deploy.

Thanks for any help.

Matt

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

The only difference is that the bootable media of Acronis True Image 9.0 is based on the Linux kernel 2.4.31 and all the others are on the 2.4.30.

The only workaround we can suggest you is to try the following:

When the client computer is booted up from Acronis Snap Deploy Agent bootable CD please press F11 key when the boot menu appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic

and click on the OK button.

We will certainly update the bootable part of Acronis Snap Deploy (Acronis Snap Deploy Agent and Acronis Master Image Creator) in the future.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.