Acronis Should Do This......

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bobdat, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

I'm a registered owner of TI8 since 2/05. It never worked correctly. I reported all the flaws. Acronis promised that they would fix all the problems I reported. They never did. (see this thread for my partial list:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=101269)

I can't comment on how bad TI9 is because I haven't tried it and I don't intend to. I wasted enough time "beta-testing" TI8 for six months. Here's what Acronis should do to regain the respect of its customers:

1) Continue support for TI8 until all the major flaws are fixed, as Acronis promised to do for six months in this forum.

2) Continue to refine TI9 until it becomes as reliable as the yet-to-be-fixed TI8 will be in 1) above.

3) Offer a prompt refund to any dissatisfied TI9 registered owner, regardless of where they purchased it, as long as it was from an authorized reseller.

4) Or, offer any dissatisfied TI9 registered owner an immediate, unlimited no-charge TI8 download to use instead of, or alongside TI9, whichever the owner prefers.

5) Cease all further statements and misrepresentations as to the stability, functionality or reliability of TI9 until such time as appropriate beta-testing determines that it is a commercially viable and saleable product.

6) When TI9 is ready for market, offer an unconditional upgrade discount to registered owners of TI8, regardless of where or when TI8 was purchased, as long as it was from an authorized reseller.

7) Issue a sincere apology from the Chief Executive Officer of Acronis for all the mis-steps Acronis has taken since their abrupt cessation of support for TI8 through their mis-handled introduction of TI9.

If Acronis follows each and every one of the above steps, the vast majority of registered owners of prior versions as well as TI9 registered owners would forgive Acronis' disastrous mis-handling of the TI9 introduction and also, their capricious cessation of support for TI8.

Acronis must reaffirm their commitment to producing quality software and to providing meaningful support for their products or else their credibility will be forever in question. Nothing less than the above solutions will reestablish Acronis as a trusted and respected software supplier.

Acronis, please reply.......

2. i desperately agree with this poster.

some of the previous writers in this forum have mentioned that TI8 is "rock solid". That's all fine and dandy, but since I'm a new customer the only software I have is the latest version of TI9. And it doesn't work at all.

I think my years' worth of files will be lost unless I can "down-date" from TI9 to TI8 which may give me a shot at working. Is there some way Acronis can allow us to download an older version of the software since our newer versions don't work?

3. leou

leou Guest

Request TI version 8 in lieu of a refund. Acronis allowed me to download version 8 instead of getting a refund. Hopefully they will allow you the same option.

4. great, thanks for the tip. i will e-mail tech support again with this suggestion and see what happens.

5. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

ITA, bobdat. Great post !

6. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Any response from Acronis?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience. We regret to inform you that there will be no more new builds for 8.0 version since we have released a new 9.0 version and are currently working on it. We will do our best in order to fix all the problems with it. However we will provide everyone who purchased the 9.0 version with the link to the last build of the 8.0 version of Acronis True Image if he/she desires so. We will also provide a refund for every customer who is eligible for it. Please contact us from our web-site: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/support/ (please remember to mention the number of your order and the purchase e-mail address). Please don't forget to send the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

8. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

I do not accept your apologies because I believe they are insincere and do not address the core of my concerns.

Because you will no longer fix the flaws in TI8 which you previously promised to fix then you should offer me and others like me a free upgrade to TI9 so that we may benefit from those fixes that you promised to us for six months.

Anything less will prove dishonesty by Acronis to its TI8 owners who patiently awaited the fixes I referred to above.

What do you say?

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bobdat,

We will certainly fix all the problems with Acronis True Image 9.0. Please note that if you have the issue with Acronis True Image 8.0 and it cannot be resolved in this version we will provide you with a free upgarde.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

10. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

11. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Tachy - The reply from Acronis that you refer to is:

"Hello bobdat,
    We will certainly fix all the problems with Acronis True Image 9.0. Please note that if you have the issue with Acronis True Image 8.0 and it cannot be resolved in this version we will provide you with a free upgarde.
    Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova"

Tachy - In answer to your questions:

1) "Wasn't this the same promise you got from Acronis several weeks ago?" - No, but it's similar because it fails to directly satisfy my request.

2) "Do you have a problem with this?" - Yes, I do.

3) "Sounds reasonable to me." - It may sound reasonable to you but we don't share a common view on this issue, thank you.

I am not a fool. I am not going to install a crippled TI9 trial version in its current unreliable state along with all of its documented unresolved flaws. I am not going to chew up any more of my time, hard drives or personal data beta-testing for Acronis and submitting endless reports only to receive more insincere apologies and unfulfilled promises for future fixes in future builds which never come. Six months of trickery by Acronis is long enough for most users like me to recognize the pattern of intentional avoidance of responsibility for effective problem resolution.

Instead, I have been offering Acronis the opportunity to do the right thing and to be proactive in providing the right solution to customers like me - A free upgrade to TI9 to be utilized as I and others like me see fit.

Acronis did not fix the TI8 flaws we are stuck with. The honorable, ethical action for Acronis to take is to provide registered users like me with a free TI9upgrade without forcing us to endure any more frustrating beta-testing of trial versions or flawed releases at this point.

12. i e-mailed acronis with my refund request, and they ignored it and told me to download some other version of their software. why would i do that, already knowing that their software is defective?

i encourage everyone to tell all their friends, relatives, and associates about the absolutely abominable sofware that is known as Acronis True Image 9.0. this software is utterly unreliable. "Compute with confidence"o_O! :) It is because of their software that all of my problems were caused.

anyway, i have told acronis that they defrauded me by not revealing known flaws about their product in an open manner before i purchased it. they know their product is defective, and innocent people are purchasing and downloading it even today!!! they have yet to take it off their website.

THEY HAVEN'T EVEN LABELED THE 9.0 RELEASE THEY ARE SELLING AS A BETA RELEASE, YET!!! WHY NOT? EVERYONE KNOWS IT'S A BETA RELEASE. WHY ARE THEY ENGAGING IT FALSE ADVERTISING?

13. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

It should be "You Should Do This......"

1) Chill out.
    2) Get over it.

14. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

I agree that Acronis has done a terrible mis-service to its' customers in releasing version 9.0, and all of the subsequent builds of it, which are not reliable as of yet (latest build 2289). They need to develop and release a stable and reliable build soon, or they will lose many customers to the compitition....Even if it means removing some of the extra features which they tried to implement in this new version, which seem to have cause nothing but problems. People would prefer a simpler, but reliable and stable program, over a more complex, feature rich version which does not work properly.

15. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I totally agree.

16. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

It would be difficult for Acronis to fix any issues some (a minority to say the least) of users experience with TI8. What % of users have problems with TI8? AFAICT a very minute %, and some of those having issues I'm willing to bet that they do have problems because of some weird configuration. Personally I think TI8 is the very best imaging solution, and if we don't get more people stating this is because most posters post when they have problems, not when they are completely satisfied. I have rolled out 100s of installs of TI8, and in every case it gets the job done perfectly.

17. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Speak for yourself!! Apart from a few problems that have already been voiced via this forum and acknowledged by Acronis Support, TI 9.0 Build 2289 works fine for me.

I'm surprised that one of the Wilders Moderators hasn't already removed your post. They have already been pointed out that threatning to publicly trash Acronis is against this Forum's Ts & Cs.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2005
  18. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

One other viewpoint, if I might:

I bought TI8 and I bought the TI9 upgrade. I am frustrated with the state of TI9 AND believe Acronis should somehow address customers' frustrations. I have seen a balance of posts where Acronis actively took steps to give customers satisfaction, such as refunds, free upgrades, and access to the last build of TI8. I don't know the statistics, I just feel that I can appreciate, to some extent, all of the viewpoints expressed in this thread.

Now my 2 cents: Acronis does have a beta test team and program and they do take applications. To me, beta testing is one way to help maintain my investment in reliable versions of TI. I understand that other people won't agree and some people may have an even more emotional response to the viewpoint I just expressed. That's fine. We do have to be vigilant that our rights as consumers are maintained and, we all know, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Anyways, I only mention the beta program as a possible longer term way to see that your viewpoints on how the software is designed and evolves are taken into consideration. http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/beta-testing/

19. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

You are absolutely correct; I just hadn't caught it yet. I have removed the "publicity bashing" threat posts you referenced and edited out a quote of one from your last post. For those whose posts have been removed; let's try to follow the TOS a little. Feel free, however, to start your own thread with specifics of your own support issues instead of posting generalized bashing in other people's support issue threads.

20. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Very well, thread closed due to repeated threat posts after removal and warning. I do apologize to the other (legitimate) posters for the behavior of others which has precipitated this action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.