Acronis Secure zone is now FAT32. Why?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Peter Mac, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Mac

Peter Mac Registered Member

I just told Acronis to resize my Acronis TI 7 secure zone

it is making the file system FAT32 and converting my clusters from 16 kb to 8 kb.

I have NO Option to make it NTFS.

is this normal?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

From a recovery point of view, this is a good idea - Any old file manager or disk utility will be able to work on a FAT system with ease and also as the security manager of NTFS will not work on a FAT system, it is easier to get to your files if something horrific goes wrong - though of course until it the image or files are back on a NTFS system - all files are open to all who want to play.

Colin

3. pilandes

pilandes Guest

Hi,

I have a few questions related to that topic...I just bought a 250 G external HDD to back up my 60G HDD (running XP Home SP2). Is it really necessary to create a secure zone on the HDD? I was thinking partitioning the external HDD in three : 1)60 G in FAT 32 for backups 2) 120 g NTFS for the (exponentially) growing collection of digital pics and videos (thinking that if the 60 G partition becomes corrupted the pics will be safe?) 3) 70 G NTFS partition of MP3.

One more question...if one day I want to extend the 60G FAT 32 partition (because I bought a new computer with a bigger HDD) will it be possible since it is FAT32 and the rest will be NTFS. Can that be done with WIN XP or should I consider buying Partition Magic?

Thanks in advance

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Answer provided to pilandes via my reply to his post in this <other thread>.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.