Acronis Phone Support, HORRIBLE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 2marshall8, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2marshall8

2marshall8 Registered Member

I just got off the phone with someone in tech support and it was the slowest conversation I have ever had. It really seemed like this person was half asleep and reading from a card. This is support/maintenance which was payed for when purchasing Acronis and it is quite dissapointing. Having someone that is competent, alert and ready to answer your questions and get you in the right path is strongly needed. This reflects poorly on Acronis and should be addressed somehow. Someone who has done things right in the area of support is Dell. It might be best to take after some of their business models when it comes to support.

I say all these things due to feeling a little ripped off. Generally when you get tech support on the phone you're dealing with people who are experts in working with the problems of a product and can help guide you into the right direction. Not just say to send an e-mail to support@acronis.com. Things seemed lackluster here and the support from this forum is far superior.

Anyways, I had to get that off my chest due to this bad experience.

marshall

2. furballi

furballi Registered Member

There are good and bad techs. I'd call back to see if you could get better customer support. Course 3 strikes deserve that you repost about your experience with TI. Did you get someone in India?

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

At Dell nowadays you would get someone from India. I'm glad my days of dealing with Dell tech support were back in the days before Dell started to Outsorce tech support, not that my experence with Dell tech support wasn't a horrendous experience. Twenty one days eight hours a day till I had to go to work(and I got to work late). No gold star for Dell tech support from me, and I made it all the way to a tier one tech support.
    Sorry I got a little off topic.

4. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

I've found that Dell's Tech Support doesn't know what they're talking about. I've spoken to some, and to be quiet honest....I felt like I knew more than they did.

I also had the opportunity to speak with Acronis's Tech Support 2 weeks ago. The guy I talked to really knew what he was talking about. I was impressed because he went out of his way to take oh....about 46 minutes to help me with the issues I was having with Acronis at the time.
    I give Acronis's Tech Support a :thumb:
    I give Dell's Tech Support a :thumbd:

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Off-topic post removed.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Wow! What software tech support companies have you been calling? My experience is that generally when a PC maker or software maker offers phone support and you call the support number, you get a commerical help service where the "help" person has a manual to look up your prob and offer the answer that he or she "reads from the card." These commerical help-desks are sometimes in the midwest, sometimes overseas (e.g., India) -- so often onot affiliated with the product at all except that they have the help-desk contract. When they have to raise a particularly trublesome problem to a higher level of tech support, then you sometimes get an actual expert and sometimes, that's when an email is required. Anyhow that's been my experience over the last few years.

It's one of the reasons I quit buying ready-made PCs and just started building my own -- the helpless help desks brought little to the table. IMO, forums like these are where the real support is at.

7. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

This is sooooo very true indeed!!! I couldn't have said it any better!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.