Acronis Overcharges for TrueImage at Upgrade Time

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JamesUSA, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesUSA

JamesUSA Registered Member

I think Acronis is systematically charging more money for an upgrade than they advertise that they will. If so, that's wrong and some means of avoiding this problem should be built into the Acronis website pages dealing with upgrades.

For example:

I bought version 8 of TrueImage about a week ago, and am entitled to upgrade to version 9 for only $29.00. Acronis confirms that fact on a certain page that displays my registered products and what upgrades I am entitled to at what price. This past hour I clicked on a link text that promised me I could buy TI 9 for just 29.00. However, the resulting webpage charges $49.00 for the actual purchase. I clicked my way through that $49.00 charge for it assuming that once I authorize the purchase some adjustment would be made back to the $29 price I am entitled to. But that didn't happen. Instead I received a notice that my credit card will be charged the full $49 price. Bam...... no way to adjust the figures prior to approving it either.

Who should I contact to remedy this overchargeo_O I suggest those webpages be revised so that when someone clicks on an offer of upgrade for $29.00.....it leads to a page that states a transaction at $29.00 and not $49.00....as now happens.

Thank you.

James

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

3. Mem

Mem Registered Member

Since you bought it about a week ago, you should be able to get 9 for free. Email Acronis customer service or maybe PM (go to a thread with Acronis Support - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=104096 and click on the user name to go to PM).

I know that the $29.00 upgrade price was working a few weeks ago so something must have changed in the meantime. Good luck.

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JamesUSA,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that the price for Acronis True Image 9.0 Upgrade has not been changed. It is still $29.99.

Please also note that as I have already stated in this previous thread mentioned by seekforever, our Upgrade Policy regarding the downloadable versions of Acronis True Image 8.0 is to provide free upgrades to customers who purchased the software 30 days prior to the release of a new version, and/or customers who have purchased software maintenance or a site license that includes software maintenance.

Please also note that we do provide free upgrades for those people who have purchased the boxed version of Acronis True Image 8.0 after the release of a new version.

In case you have purchased the boxed version of Acronis True Image 8.0, please submit a request for technical support. Describe your issue and provide the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, scan copy of receipt, copy of invoice, order confirmation letter, etc.) along with the link to this thread. We will certainly provide you with the free upgrade.

If your case does not meet the above conditions then please visit the Product Upgrades section of Acronis online store to purchase Acronis True Image 9.0 Upgrade for $29.99.

If you still unable to purchase Acronis True Image 9.0 Upgrade for $29.99 then please describe actions taken during the order placing process step-by-step. I'll certainly try to find the reason for the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.