Acronis os selector keeps disappearing

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by bobbygr, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbygr

bobbygr Registered Member

Acronis os selecter keeps disappearing. I go to tools and activate it - then it's ok for a couple of boots.

Then.... I get a message "MBR error 3" or something like that... and then windows xp boot takes over the MBR (acronis is missing).

I activate it again... it works for a couple boots... and then is missing again...

How can I correct this?

I'm thinking of using system commander - but I'm scared to either uninstall the os selector or install system commander on top of it.

Can I uninstall OS selector without making my machine unbootable.

WHY ISN"T THIS WORKING?

Please help...

Bob

2. hoser_d

hoser_d Registered Member

I have the same problem. I figured that the master boot record was corrupt so I ran the FIXMBR command and then rebooted into Windows to activate OS Selector and it did the same thing. It worked for a couple of reboots and then no more. My computer would just boot straight into Windows. Any ideas?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bobbygr and hoser_d,

Thank you for choosing Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please send a letter with the description of the problem or the link to this thread to support@acronis.com? Acronis Support Team will certainly help you to solve the issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.