Acronis os selector keeps disappearing

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by bobbygr, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbygr

bobbygr Registered Member

Acronis os selecter keeps disappearing. I go to tools and activate it - then it's ok for a couple of boots.

Then.... I get a message "MBR error 3" or something like that... and then windows xp boot takes over the MBR (acronis is missing).

I activate it again... it works for a couple boots... and then is missing again...

How can I correct this?

I'm thinking of using system commander - but I'm scared to either uninstall the os selector or install system commander on top of it.

Can I uninstall OS selector without making my machine unbootable.

WHY ISN"T THIS WORKING?

Please help...

Bob

2. hoser_d

hoser_d Registered Member

I have the same problem. I figured that the master boot record was corrupt so I ran the FIXMBR command and then rebooted into Windows to activate OS Selector and it did the same thing. It worked for a couple of reboots and then no more. My computer would just boot straight into Windows. Any ideas?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bobbygr and hoser_d,

Thank you for choosing Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please send a letter with the description of the problem or the link to this thread to support@acronis.com? Acronis Support Team will certainly help you to solve the issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.