Acronis loader fatal error boot drive partition not found

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tfierens, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfierens

tfierens Registered Member

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me out here. I've been taking backups of my laptop for god knows how long but I never did the important thing which is to try a disaster recorvery, so I try to give it a shot last night and unfortunately, this did not go well.

I have Acronis True Image - Home Edition - Version 10 (build 4942) and I created a bootable USB stick from the options provided in the software but when I try to boot my laptop using the USB stick, it gives me the following error:

Acronis loader fatal error: boot drive partition not found

The USB stick is formated in FAT32 and my laptop is a Sony VGN-SZ1XP/C. Note that my laptop is working fine but I just wanted to see what the recovery tool provided by Acronis and see if it could detect my USB hard drive where the backup of all my partitions are stored but no luck!!!

Does anyone have any ideas what's causing this error and what can I do to fix it so that I can be sure my hard drive can be restored if required! Right now, Acronis is no use to me and it makes me wonder about the software itself now and its reliabilityo_O?

Any help would be greatky appreciated!

Thanks.

Thierry.

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

This sounds lke the flash drive is not properly prepared (not necessarily your fault). This link by MudCrab offers some possible solutions for preparing the flash drive again using different methods.

http://www.purviancecs.com/acronis.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.