Acronis just spits out the DVD disc!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ciderman, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ciderman

Ciderman Registered Member

When I try to make a bootable media on a TDK DVD-R disk Acronis shows an error message and spits out the disk right after it has tried to access it. I've made sure the discs are clean and I have tried several discs. It doesn't work. In the wizard it only asks me to chose CD-R/CD-RW. Isn't DVD's supported?? Elsewhere I've read it supports DVD's!

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

The default type of media for making a bootable device is CD. Someone else here provided a way to make a TI bootable DVD that involves using UltraISO. Do a search for it.

Edit: I'll save you the trouble, here's the link to it: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=115561

3. Ciderman

Ok, I've checked the link and read some threads here, and I get the feeling Acronis isn't good at burning on discs at all. It says in the manual that it supports DVD's too! If I can't even make a bootable DVD this program is useless. :thumbd:

I don't have an external harddrive to use either. I need it on DVD's!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2006
  4. Ciderman

Well, it is easy to make an image and store it on another partition. Just right click on the harddrive I want to back up and follow through the wizard, but I can't find a way to put it on DVD. Usually there should be a disc writing guide that comes when you install windows, but for some strange reason it isn't there this time. I can't seem to be able to burn a disc at all. I don't get it. So...I guess I will have to download some 3rd party software for DVD burning, but what worries me is how I will be able to restore the system if I whould get a complete harddrive failure. Could someone give me a clue what to do here? I whould really like to use Acronis for both making a bootable disc and to restore the system from a disc image on DVD. I checked the forum for the UltraISO program, but I don't know if that program works to do what I want to do.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Ciderman,

If you merely wish to create the TI bootable rescue media then use a blank CD-R or CD+/-RW; there really is little sense in using a 4.7GB disk to hold 2.8 MB of data, even if it were possible.

As for creating images to DVD, have a read of <Acronis True Image 9 Online FAQ #27>. This <previous reply of mine> should also help.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.