Acronis Home or Server Editions?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mithrilsmurf, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mithrilsmurf

mithrilsmurf Registered Member

Hey Guys,
    Some questions from a newbie.Want to try the product out when i get home.
    Several things

1) If im using a windows server OS - will only the True Image Server work with it?.Will Home edition work with the windows server OS?.And vice versa?.

2) Dumb question, but i want to image my OS from one partition to another for backup. Any tips when im trying to do it?

3) sorry about the noob questions.am at work right now and bit too busy to read the manual/FAQ's.

4) Does version 8 work better than 9?.Read somewhere....

thanks
    Nig

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mithrilsmurf,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Yes, only server versions of Acronis True Image can be installed on a computer running server operating system.

Yes, server versions of Acronis True Image can be installed on a computer running non-server operating system.

You can find the full list of the operating systems supported by this or that Acronis True Image version on it's respective System Requirements page and in it's respective User's Guide:

Acronis True Image 9.0 Home

Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows

Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation

Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server

Homecomputing User's Guides

Enterprise User's Guides

Please take a look at the version comparison page for more information about the difference between Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows, Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server.

You can find more information about the difference between Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation in this previous post of mine.

Please also take a look at Acronis Public Knowledge Base and this article providing the illustrated instructions on Acronis True Image 9.0 Home installation and usage.

There are no any special tips on such backup strategy. I believe, the only thing I should mention is that you will not be able to restore the entire hard drive in such a way, but only your system partition or any partitions other than one backup is located on. If you plan to back up\restore the entire hard drive we recommend that you store your backups on a different hard drive, e.g. other internal, any external or networked drive, or use other storage devices such as CD or DVD, for example.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image in the documentation mentioned above.

There is nothing to worry about. You are always welcome ;) However, it is recommended that you read the above mentioned documentation carefully prior to using the software. We also recommend that you download and install the free trial version(s) of the product(s) you are interested in to see how the software works on your particular software\hardware configuration.

Please be aware that version 8.0 is not being developed\distributed any more. Moreover, version 9.X is based on the completely new software "engine", has a number of new quite handy features, provides better hardware support and being updated on a regular basis.

Please visit Homecomputing section of Acronis online store to purchase the full version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home or Enterprise section of Acronis online store to purchase the full versions of other products mentioned above.

Note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase. In case you are planning to purchase many copies (10 or more), please contact our Sales Team by filling up the Volume Licence Request form available at the Purchase Acronis Corporate Solutions page of Acronis web site.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.