Acronis hangs at loading

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MSUDVM, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSUDVM

MSUDVM Registered Member

I am trying to restore a hard drive image to my laptop. If I restore from one of my Western Digital Hard Drives (120 GB), no problem When trying to restore the same file from another Western Digital Hard Drive (200 GB), everything works fine until the reboot to restore occurrs , and then the program hangs on the Acronis Loading, please wait...... screen. Again, same laptop to be restored, using the same file, just 2 different storage hard drives with the restorable archive. How can I fix this problem, and what is causing it? I am using XP Pro with all current updates and Acronis True Image Home version 9. Both of the storage hard drives are in the NTSF format as is the laptop.

Dan

2. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

You're saying you have the SAME TI Image file on 2 different HD's. When you Restore from one, there's no problems. When you Restore from the other...you have problems.

Suggestion:: I would Re-Copy the file that works good from that one HD... to the other. You may have corrupted the file when you copied it over to that one HD.

3. MSUDVM

MSUDVM Registered Member

The original will not work, but the copy works fine. I have tried 2 different versions of the TI backuip file and this happens with both. Works on 1 hard drive, hangs on the other hard drive of the same brand. I also re-formatted the problem drive and tried again to no avail. Any other thoughts

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Are these backup storage drives external USB drives?

If so, are the enclosures the identical make and model?

5. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

Just to confirm what you're trying to to, I have 2 WD Essential 120gb Externals.(older models). I've made a Backup to one, and then copied the same TI Backup file to the other. Restored from both as well. Didn't have any problems.

Is your Original file, and the Copy the same size? (right click on both, and compare the properties. They should read exactly the same)

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, we have to exclude the possibility of a faulty storage device. To do so, please compare the MD5 checksums of the original .tib file and it's copy calculated using the eXpress CheckSum Calculator.

If the checksums calculated are different then the problem is not related to Acronis True Image, but to the faulty hard drive, hard drive cable, hard drive controller or bad memory module. In this case, we recommend contacting the nearest service center in order to resolve the issue.

If the checksums calculated are identical then the problem is most likely caused by the lack of the appropriate drivers or poor support for your 200GB hard drive.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall the previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image prior to installing build 3677.

Note that you should create a new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem persists with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, please boot the computer from the Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, select "Full" version and see how the program recognizes your 200GB hard drive.

If the Acronis True Image graphical interface loads fine after you select the "Full" version, but your 200GB hard drive is not detected or recognized somehow incorrectly then please try booting with the "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to a USB flash drive.

In case the boot process hangs after you select the "Full" version, please try booting with the "acpi=off noapic" parameter as mentioned above.

If that does not help, please do the following:

- Boot the computer from the Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home once more and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to choose either "Full", "Safe" or "Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and choose the "Full" option;

- As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens.

If the boot process goes fine and your 200GB hard drive is recognized properly then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

In any case, please also let us know the exact model and connection type of your 200GB hard drive.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.