acronis disk director suite and blind users

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by whocrazy, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whocrazy

whocrazy Registered Member

Hello there.
    I am willing to give acronis one last chance, besides, the functions I need are all to do with deleting data, not preserving it.
    First a bit of background information, I am totally blind and I use a text to speech synthesiser, it has some software that runs on windows xp, and some other software that runs under dos, freedos to be exact.
    what I was wondering is, is there anyway to use the partitioning software under dos, is there a command line utility that I can use? Unfortunately, the only dos utility available is the gui, which the dos part of the synthesiser doesn't recognise, because it is made using a graphical image rather than ascii 80x25 text.
    I've been looking for a decent partition manager for a few years, and I hope acronis are able to help me with this one.
    Thanks.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I have a feeling only the Server version might have a command line tool. I've never tried the Server version so I don't know.

There was someone who had a similar problem with True Image, can't recall if they ever got sorted.

Colin

3. whocrazy

That was me.

4. Hotaru

Hotaru Registered Member

A Linux live CD might help you in this situation. At least you can try for free. Linux does have a fdisk, but it is not like DOS's fdisk. Someone with good knowledge of Python or expect may be able to provide you with a script to help you control Linux's fdisk. You may especially need this if your synthesizer is an external box without Linux support. If your synthesizer is software-only, there are text to speech tools in Linux also.

5. whocrazy

Hi there. Unfortunately I dont know anything about linux or it's command line mode, I mean, I dont know much about operating under linux at all.
    Also, under windows, the acronis line of products is very unfriendly to use speech wise, so far, jaws is the only program I've found that is able to read it, but only just.
    I wish acronis used the same system of window classes like most other windows programs, I can't understand why they need to jazz it up with silly graphics.
    I'll try the disk director server and let you know what happens.
    btw: with dos/freedos, it's quicker to boot up, and it's what I'm familiar with.

6. whocrazy

Suddenly, acronis won't let me download any trialware, it keeps telling me my email is invalid? what the hell? I am able to log in to my account, but I just can't download any trialware. does acronis have something against google?

7. whocrazy

hi again, had to change my email address, then I was able to download acronis disk director server, the command line program only runs under windows, not dos.

8. whocrazy

doesn't look like acronis can or are willing to help with this issue. I was wrong. Maybe acronis haven't improved after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.