Acronis Disk Director not recognizing internal VAIO drives

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by VijghenPh, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VijghenPh

VijghenPh Registered Member

My Acronis Disk Director boot CD appears not to recognize the internal drive of my VAIO VGN-FZ31Z... ;(

I was then trying to create a new boot CD with the very last patch but I can't as I am facing the "missing fox.dll" message. As I am in the middle of a disaster recovery 'not exercise', I would prefer not to take any further risk of reinstalling Acronis to solve the issue.

Can't we just obtain the fox.dll from somewhere?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello VijghenPh,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Director 10 Suite

The "missing fox.dll" message appears when the program was not properly installed over the previous version. To resolve this problem it is necessary to reinstall the program.

The problem of the hard disk recognition appears because the Acronis loader conflicts with your specific hardware.

1. We can resolve this issue by providing you an ISO image of another boot CD based on an alternative Linux distribution. In order to get it please contact Acronis support and send us the serial number in question and the issue description.

2. You can create a bootable USB Flash disk based on the latest SysLinux distribution that is continuously updated with the drivers for new devices.
    Creating Acronis Bootable Media on a USB Flash Drive Using SYSLINUX

3. Also you can crate your own boot CD based on BartPE. You have the instructions in the following Knowledge Base article:
    1752: Creating BartPE Media with Acronis Disk Director

Thank you.
    Daniel Pustovoy

3. VijghenPh

VijghenPh Registered Member

Thanks fror your replies. *Much* appreciated.

I definitely should prepare a bunch of those. It is however unfortunate that it is not possible to download those from your site because it is the tiype of variant that you don't do anticipatively, and that you appear to need in the middle of a disaster recover.

Meanwhile, after about 20 tries and 3 nights, I succeeded to do my disaster recover [by transfering the bakup files on an external USB drive (instead of using another partition of the internal drive) and recover morethis alternative source -.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.