acronis clone works good with windows xp

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by djdoc, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djdoc

djdoc Registered Member

hi,

i finally upgraded from w98 to xp. i just cloned a hard drive with true image and everything went flawless. when i used w98 i had nothing but problems.
    not only with acronis but with everything else. anyway i'm so thrilled i thought put it in writing. i'm going to take w98 and smash it into little bits with a hammer.:D

2. BartFan

BartFan Guest

Why not give it away to someone who'll have use of it?

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Did you create a Windows 98 Startup Disk (Win98 boot floppy)? If so, you might want to keep it in case you ever screw up your WinXP's DiskID whilst cloning and need to reset it using Method #3 (Kawecki's Trick) detailed in this <Dan Goodell article>.

Regards

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If he bought an upgrade package that requires the W98 CD for proof on installation he might need it. Also, if it was a retail w98 to XP upgrade the W98 CD is "part of the package" for licencing purposes. If you were to sell your XP upgrade version then all its predessors are to be included. Yes, I'm well aware of how often this happens!

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Glad to hear of your clone success. What size hard drive was the original and what size was the new one?

6. djdoc

djdoc Registered Member

the xp was the full version, not the upgrade. i was going to try and wait for the new windows OS, which will hit the market who knows when. but i just couldn't
    deal with w98 anymore so i broke down and bought xp. anyway i'm sure the new M$ OS will be out of my price range.

the original hard drive was 40gb's and the new one is 80gb's.

as for my old w98 cd, i already trashed it. if i had given it to somebody, i would have felt terrible guilt; knowing all the pain, suffering and torment they would go through. The only person i might have given it to is bill M$ gates.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.