Acronis cleanup utility

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Earthling, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

Up to now I have had to rely on, and been an advocate of, VistaPE with Mustang's ATI 11 plugin in order to be able to use ATI 11. Without VistaPE, if I simply created ATI Rescue Media, even with the Safe Mode addin, there was no way I could boot from Rescue CD and find the external USB or secondary SATA or optical drive containing the required image, and the primary SATA drive to which it needed to be restored.

Then I discovered http://download.acronis.com/support/acronis_cleanup.exe, and after uninstalling ATI 11, using this utility, and then reinstalling ATI 11 I created a new rescue disk and this time it behaved differently. In Full mode it could see my primary SATA and both my USB drive and my optical drives (though not my secondary SATA), and in Safe Mode it could see both my primary and secondary SATA drives, though not the USB or optical drives.

But at least there was always a combination which would see both my primary SATA and any of the USB, optical or SATA disks on which I might have stored the required image.

For those who have experienced similar problems it might be worth uninstalling ATI 11 and trying this out, (after imaging the system first of course) ;)

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Ask Tech support for the iso for build 8052 and try that in full mode.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Earthling,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

In order to be able to detect all the devices you need, I'd recommend you to download Acronis True Image build #8101 firstly. After that you should re-create Acronis bootable rescue CD and check if the devices are recognized. If they are not please submit a request for technical support with the attached Linux System Information file. It can be collected in the way it is described in Acronis Help Post. This would let us do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

4. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

Nikita:

I'm delighted to be able to say that with the release of ATI 11.8101 my new RescueMedia CD can see every one of my drives and all of my home network. This is the first time I have felt confident that I could rely fully on ATI in the event of a catastrophic system failure.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

That's good news. I'm glad to hear that build 8101 has provided greater support for hardware that wasn't supported by 8053.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.