Acronis Clean Up Utility (ATI 2009?)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WaDa, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaDa

WaDa Registered Member

2. bobmitch

bobmitch Registered Member

I used it and had no problems...

Bob

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

you still want to run a registry too or at least ccleaner.exe's registry scanner after you're done.

4. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

I used it to remove 2009 and it was a disaster. See this thread.

5. COLEX

COLEX Registered Member

The same for me... the system won't start anymore, only with restore!

Use cclaner or ACE utilities

6. wolssiloa

wolssiloa Registered Member

Acronis Clean Up Utility needs to be updated for ATI 2009. Uninstalling this buggy software has been a nightmare. :thumbd: First time I tried to uinstall was after the 15 day trial. For some reason, it said my config was broken. So I used the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility to remove ATI. Then I reinstalled ATI 2009. Then tried to backup, did not work. Said my trial period was over. So tried to remove it through Add/Remove. Everything went smoothly, but the program and files were still there! All schedule and TI mounter services were already stopped. Tried to manual uninstall but totally BSOD my system on boot. Had to do a reload of a week old image. Thank God that worked, but I still can't get this beta software to uninstall!? Anyone can help? I shouldn't have to manually go through the registry and remove all those entries. This is a living nightmare! :( I am looking at other solutions, possibly Paragon Hard Disk Manager.

7. mannorak

mannorak Registered Member

I have to agree... Acronis uninstallations have always been a nightmare. So much crap gets left behind. But 2009 seems even worse than usual. As I've documented elsewhere, after "upgrading" to ATI 2009, I can now no longer re-install a previous, working version. Like you, I'm investigating other options -- Macrium Reflect looks pretty good.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.